63

"Explain to me what happened?" Fortune says as she had confirmed that I no longer had the quirk Shadow.

"I- I don't know" I croak, my throat dry from my constant crying. I felt so empty and defeated, why did my quirk- no why did Kuroko had to leave?

"Hey, everything is going to be okay" she tried to comfort me. She moved her hand to my shoulder which she retracts quickly as a electrical shock runs through me. She pulled away fast though, so only I could feel the electrical shock. "You need to calm down, I know you're-"

"We should leave her alone" Aziawa says as Nezu and Midnight stood nearby, Grams gone to find anything- I mean anything- to answer why I had lost a quirk.

"I agree" Nezu speaks as he looks at midnight, "although I want Midnight to stay in case"

Fortune frowns, "I'm sorry honey"

I don't respond as everything I ever knew began to fall apart, not only could I not forget my strange dream but Kuroko was gone. Did I really loose a quirk? Why did my dream seem so real.

I couldn't help but sit there and think about all of it, I couldn't draw any conclusions. After hours passed I found myself wavering between sleep and awake. I wanted to badly sleep, hoping that this was all a dream and I would finally wake up, but I couldn't. What if I woke up and this wasn't a dream, what if he was really gone.

A small purple gas overflows my vision and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep. It was once again that I had waken up, Grams was inside of the room by now. She didn't even have to look at me to notice I was awake, "do you know what you were doing before you went to sleep?" She instantly asks me and I don't respond. She turns around with some papers as she frowns, clearly reflecting half of the pain I was feeling. "I heard some mumbling earlier, apparently All Might has his ring tone as his own voice saying 'you have a call'" she attempts to make me laugh but I don't. She moves over to me after setting down the papers, "y/n, I know you're hurt. Kuroko wasn't just a quirk, he was your second half. It's going to hurt, but if you don't talk to me we may not be able to find a solution"

"I can't recall, the only thing I can remember is that stupid dream" I mumble and her eyebrow raised. I watch her move over to grab a glass of water, probably noticing my voice was raspy.

"Tell me about this dream" she says, sitting in a chair next to my medical bed. She hands the water, which I take slowly. When I finished half of the water I started from the beginning, waking up from a text from Izuku. I explained all of it, even when I had begged the front desk woman to allow me to see them. How I walked out and blacked out after strangely being paralyzed. But I did leave out the whole talking to kiriguri.

"That's when I woke up. In my bedroom" I spoke and she nods.

"I wasn't going to tell you this..." she started as she turns her chair to look at something else. "We got a call this morning, apparently Izuku had a run in with the Hero Killer, going along with Iida and Todoroki" she gets out of the chair, "but from the sounds of it, that wasn't a dream. It was real"

My eyes widened, "can't be, I was in different clothing when I woke up."

"But it makes sense" she looks up at me, "someone had forcefully taken Kuroko from you"

Grams explained everything to Nezu and Aizawa, which meant Nezu went off for the police department while Aizawa (when you realized how I have been spelling Aizawa wrong ;-;) went off to check near by security cameras.

Grams told me that if someone had deliberately taken Kuroko, they can give him back. My mood was lifted a little knowing that there was still hope but I'm not sure who would take him from me.

Fortune had also listened to the story, in the end she concluded she's never met anyone to deliberately take someone's quirk. She said she was going to leave and look further into the situation. "I'm going to find out who stole Kuroko from you"

Grams allowed me to walk about but walking felt so unnatural. So- different. I felt like half of my entire being was gone, it felt so different.

Eventually I was able to call Izuku, "hello?" Izuku's soft voice spoke. I could hear the shielding in his voice.

"Hey trouble maker" my voice was strained but I continued the happy act. "I thought I'd call to check up on you guys again"

"Oh hey y/n" Izuku voice lifted up, "I was calling you earlier, but you didn't answer. I heard you were here last night asking to come visit us. Why are you calling on a different phone?"

"I lost my cell" I awkwardly laugh, "I swear this is my 100th phone now"

"You seem upset, are you okay?" Izuku asked as he takes notice of my strain and I clear my throat.

"I'm fine" I lie easily, "i just got chewed out for running all the way to Hosu City by myself" it wasn't a lie but it wasn't the full truth either. Aziawa did know I ran off but he's saving the chewing me out about it until all of this is figured out or when I feel better.

"Well the interning is going to be ending soon, we will be able to see each other again. I can't wait to show you all the things I've learned" He beams. He continued on, rambling. Eventually he put me on speaker to talk to both Iida and Todoroki, who had become curious of who he was talking to. I was glad they were okay, at least one thing in my life is going right.

"Well I'm glad you guys are okay" I say as I could feel Izuku's and Iidas smiles through the phone. "I should probably go now. I'll see you guys when you get back from the internship"

———————