28

"The first game for the first-years is finally over, and what a game it was! Now, let's take a quick look at the standings, shall we?" Midnight announces. Knowing UA and how Nezu and the rest of the UA teachers think, people who came out on top are going to have a hard time in the next game. This allowed people who passed the first game but didn't do as well have a chance to shine as well. On the screen behind her it showed izuku with the number one next to him. Off to the left in small print said what class he was in and the sorts. Next was me, my h/c hair and e/c eyes with the number 2.
3rd was Todoroki
4th was Katsuki
5th was a girl name Shiozaki from class 1-B
6th was Honenuki; also from class 1-B
7th was Iida
8th was Tokoyami
9th was Sero
10th was Kirishima
11th was Tetsutetsu from class 1-B
12th was Ojiro
13th was Awase from class 1-B
14th was Asui
15th was Sato
16th was Shoji
17th was Uraraka
18th was Yaoyorozu
19th was Mineta
20th was Ashido
21st was Koda
22nd was Jiro
23rd was Kaibara from class 1-B
24th was Tauburaba also from class 1-B
25th was Kaminari
26th was Bondo; class 1-B
27th was Yanagi; class 1-B
28th was Shinso; class C
14 others also passed.

"Only the top 42 will advance to the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut! We have prepared other opportunities for you to shine. Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight! Give us your best!" She then raises her right hand with her whip and points at the screen. That same rolling of randomness screen came back up. "Let's see what we have in store for you next. Will your wildest fantasies come to life? What could it be? The waiting is torture. Prepare yourselves... for this!" She puts down her glasses before pointing at the screen with her left hand. The words Cavalry battle came up. "Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two-to-four people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a regular playground game. But there is one difference." I don't like how she is making that sound. "Each player has been assigned a point value based in the results from the obstacle course." Everyone started to mumble about how it made since.

"Maybe you should shut up and let me explain things to you!" Midnight yelled, "now then. The point assignments go up by increments Of five, starting from the bottom. For an example, 42nd place is worth five points, and 41sf is worth 10. And the point assigned to the first place contestant is... 10 million!"I look over to Izuku, everyone was staring him down like a Predator and he was their Prey. Poor izuku! "That is right. It's survival of the fittest, with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top!"

Everyone had to choose a team; my eyes moved around. As expected people would naturally go to Bakugo, his quirk can be used in several ways- both defense and offense. He thinks things out unless his anger gets the best of him. He also got in 4th so in the point system he is high- but not super high that he will be targeted by everyone.

"Hey you; your name is y/n isn't it? From the trashy class 1-A" a familiar voice says behind me and I turn around. It was that one guy who was yelling a lot two weeks ago, I think his name was...

"Tetsutetsu" I say with a smile as I nod, "do you need something?"

"I think it would be best in mind if we teamed up with you" I instantly realized the girl who spoke, she came in 5th place.

"Shiozaki, you came in 5th place" I say and she smiles at me.

"Surprised you remembered my name, so how about it?" She asked sweetly.

"Do you know my name?" A boy comes over to us, I recognized those teeth's that grew on the outside of his mouth.

"Honenuki. Right? You came in 6th. Congrats by the way" I say and his large teeth smiled at me. "I accept your request; I didn't really know who to team up with" I say with a short laugh. Shiozaki smiles as we all form a circle.

Shiozaki gave us the load-out of her plan. Honenuki would take front, while her and Tetsutetsu took the sides. Leaving me as the rider. Shiozaki has the quirk vines, allowing her to be able to shield anything that comes from behind or off to her side. While Tetsutetsu would be on the other side because he can turn to steal and protect the other side from any other blows. As for Honenuki; he is able to soften up any non-living thing. It's useful if we want to trap someone to steal a headband and trap people if we are getting chased- so that's why he would be in the front.

I was ultimately chosen for the top because I was the lightest one there. With my fat burning quirk; I weighed literally nothing. Not only that but my fire quirk would be much easier to use if I wasn't carrying someone.

"You know, I thought all you class 1-A students was full of themselves. I guess I was wrong." Tetsutetsu admits as we continued strategizing.

"I'm glad you feel that way. I know Katsuki likes to bark a lot, but he isn't a bad person once you understand his language." I say with a soft smile. A buzzer goes off and we turn, our time was up. I look back at my teammates. "Let's do this. I know we can make it!" I say as I cheer the three on which put a smile on each of their faces. I won't let us loose; I have plans to make it to the next round and go for first place!

 I won't let us loose; I have plans to make it to the next round and go for first place!