55

"What am I going to do Kuroko?" I asked as I sat on my bed. Kuroko sat on the other side of my bed, tapping his shadow finger on my sheets.

"It would be best if you didn't tell anyone for now, we don't even know that it's tru-"

"You say that but we both know it is!" I look at him desperately. "I have something to do with those villains, no matter how hard I try to not connect myself"

He sighs, "even if you did, would that change who you are?" There was a silence that suddenly drifted between us. I wasn't sure if I had the answer to that. "You May doubt it now, but if you have a connection it wouldn't change that you are y/n. You're the adoptive daughter of Aizawa and will soon become a pro-hero" he sits up out of my bed and walks over to me, "it's getting late and you have school tomorrow. Please go to sleep now"

[next day]

"It's so weird that people recognize us from TV. Everyone wanted to talk to me on my way here" Ashido says as I walk into the classroom.

"Yeah me too!" Kirishima jumps in.

"All it took was one sports festival and suddenly we are like celebrities" Kaminari says as he looks at Mineta.

"This school really is amazing"

I sit down, I was unsettled about yesterday's event. "Good morning y/n" I hear a sweet voice behind me, making me turn around and see Izuku.

I give him a forceful smile, "morning" I responded shortly.

"Are we going to be able to talk today?" He asked and I nod, he gives me a full hearted smile. He makes his way back to his desk. It wasn't long after that aziawa walks in.

"Morning" He says suddenly and everyone rushed to their seats.

"Goodmorning Mr. Aizawa" the class speaks up.

"We have a big class today on Hero Informatics" the class goes completely silent, probably afraid of what was going to come next. "You need codenames. Time to pick your hero identity"

"This is going to be totally awesome!"

Aizawa eyes goes red as his hair flies up, "this is related to pro hero draft picks that I mentioned before. Normally, students don't have to worry about the draft yet. Not until their second or third year actually, but your class is different. In fact, by extended offers to first-years like you, pros are essentially investing in your potential. Any offers can be rescinded if their interest in you dies down before graduation, though. Now, here are the totals for those of you who got offers"

On the board names and numbers began to come up.

Y/n- 4743
Todoroki- 4123
Bakugo- 3556
Tokoyami- 360
Iida- 301
Kaminari- 272
Yaoyorozu- 108
Kirishima- 68
Uraraka- 20
Sero- 14

"In past years, it's usually more spread out. But there is a pretty big gap this time" Aizawa points out, honestly I was surprised on how many I got. I dropped out at the last minute.

"Gah! that's no fair." Kaminari groans.

"Y/n got the most, ahead of both Todoroki and Bakugo?" Jirou asked.

"Todoroki got more then Bakugo"

"Yeah, it's the opposite of how they placed in the festival" Kirishima brings up

Sero leans over, "they probably weren't too excited to work with the guy who had to be chained up at the end"

"If I scared a pro, they are weak!" Bakugo yells.

"Midoriya! You got none! They were probably grossed out by the way you were fighting" I hear Mineta, making me roll my eyes.

"Despite the numbers you see, you'll all be interning with pros. Got it? Even those of you who didn't get any offers" Aizawa speaks, that sentence brings up a few people's spirit.

"Oh, so, we are all interning?" Izuku asked.

"Yes. You already got to experience combat with real villains during the attack on the USJ facility. But it will still be helpful to see pros at work. Up close and personal, in the field. Firsthand. These hero names will likely be temporary, but take them seriously or..."

"You'll have hell go pay later!" Midnight says as she opens the door, "What you pick today could be your code name for life. You better be careful or you'll be stuck with something utterly indecent."

"Yeah. She's got a good point. Midnight is going to have final approval over your names. It's not my forte." Aizawa bends down to grab his yellow sleeping bag. "The name you give yourself is important. It helps reinforce your image and shows what kind of hero you wanna be in the future. A codename tells people exactly what you represent. Take "All Might" for example" I take the stack of boards and erase markers and pass it back, only keeping one for myself. A hero name..