Chapter 12 - Life is the journey, not the end result

Começar do início

“Laura,” I said roughly, slowly moving forward to enter the hotel room. Nash closed the door and went to go sit with the others and Ryan jumped up and made his way over to me. I showed no emotion on my face, I just stared intently into his eyes as he came closer.

“Blair! What happened to you-“ He cut himself off when he grabbed my wrists as an action of intimacy, instead smudging blood onto his hands. “Oh, Blair…”

“I need to see Laura,” I said sternly, almost robotic like. He nodded and ran to knock on the door of their room that led off from the small kitchen. I followed him and arrived at the door just in time to see it open. Laura looked out angrily and her features softened when she saw me, then flooded with concern when she reallysaw me. Not needing to say anything, as this wasn’t the first time that I’d come to her in this situation, she pulled me into a tight embrace and pulled me into the room, shutting the door. I burst into tears, feeling them soak into Laura’s formal, white cardigan. I had known I was going to break down as soon as the door shut, closing me off from Hot Chelle Rae. I didn’t want them to hear me, but as I heard only silence from the open living area, I knew that they could hear my heartbroken sobs.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong? What did mum say to you?” Laura assumed, pulling away and resting her forearms on my shoulders and her hands holding each other behind my neck.

“You- you didn’t see?” I stuttered, sniffling and wiping tears away from my eyes.

Confusion settled over Laura’s features yet again. “See what?”

“You and Nathan were in the car,” I looked over to see Nathan on the bed, propped up on his elbows and staring at us both intently, as if absorbing the information and learning about the female species. “Mum told me I couldn’t go. She said I shouldn’t bother seeing Ryan, he was obviously being paid… I can’t remember the rest. My mind is just… clouded right now.”

“Being paid?!” Nathan exclaimed. “Blair, I see the look on Ryan's face when he sees you. Hell, his face when we mention your name proves it! He lights up Blair, that doesn’t happen to someone being paid.”

“Really?” I asked doubtfully. The door burst open and Ryan stepped inside.

“Really.” He said reassuringly. Before I knew it his arms were around me and he was lifting me up. I felt him turn and walk, I couldn’t see a thing with my face buried in his shoulder, and I then felt him put me down. He turned to close the door with one arm, the other still around my waist. “What’s going on?” He looked down into my eyes and leaned in, resting his forehead against mine. Mine was a little wet from sweat, and I pulled away to sit on the bed; not wanting to transfer my sweat onto Ryan.

“Just a little fall out with mum, it’s nothing Ryan,” I whispered, not sure if he could hear me or not.

“It doesn’t look like nothing, Blair. What’s this?” He sat next to me and grabbed my wrist, holding it up so it was in both of our views. “I never want to see this again, okay?”

I smiled in spite of my depressive state and gave a long sigh. “But I stopped myself,” I said proudly.

Ryan gave a short laugh, as if to bring some bliss to the situation. “Well let’s get this fixed up. What is this, the second time I have to bandage you up?” He winked, grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

“I guess that means you’re my nurse then,” I flirted, and yanked his hand towards me. His body soon followed and our faces met, so did our lips. It was only a brief kiss, but it was fierce and lustful. The way Ryan held me in his arms was as if he was scared he would lose me, and the kiss just proved it all. He was scared; I couldn’t imagine what it’d be like to have to look at someone doing this to themselves.