Chapter Twenty

Mulai dari awal

Oscar:We done?

My uncle grips my shoulder and I slouch to relieve some of the pressure. A guy comes from the side saying all the money is there and we leave.

Man:Pleasure doing business with you.

We walk out to Oscar's car and my uncles truck and once we get inside each we pull off. They all block the streets as we move. Soon we get out of view and my uncle grips my shoulder again and we laugh.

Me:I wasn't even needed.

Uncle:Yeah whether you know it or not you were a distraction. If it was just Cesar, he'd probably be dead or fucked up.

Flashback...

Me, my uncle, Oscar and Cesar talk.

Oscar:I'll run the plan by Cuchillos. Without a blessing, there's no point in taking the risk...

He talks on the phone me and Cesar talking about his birthday, my uncle making comments about his 16th birthday and how sweet all the hoes were. Soon Oscar gets off and nods to us.

Oscar:You gotta be incredibly careful. Your friends have to think you're going away forever. This protects them. And if anything happens to you... They won't know your dead.

Cesar:But Amara didn't...

Me:They believe I'm going back to Chicago to live with my great aunt in Mississippi...

Oscar:When it's clear, we'll be there. You'll make contact with the prophets and I'll exchange your clean money with the marked bills from the freeridge savings heist.

Cesar:What if it doesn't work?

Oscar:Then we're both dead.

Flash back over...

Jamal:No I'm not good! You gave our RollerWorld money to the prophets!

Oscar:No I gave them the marked bills from the freeridge savings robbery.

Jamal:Oh, thank God. For a second I thought you gave our money away. *laughs*

Oscar:No no I didn't give your money away. You gave your money away. And now it's mine.

I try to keep my laugh in and Jamal glares at me.

Jamal:And you were in on all of this?

Me:I plead the fifth.

Cesar:Yes she was, she was in on it before I was.

Me:So, I told you I wouldn't let you be out here crazy. Even if I had to go into that bitch blazing.

Jamal:So you're not going to Mississippi?

Me:Hell no! Too many bugs.

Monse:Ruby! Turn me to Jamal. Am I hearing this correctly? You used all of our money for nothing even my 50k?

Me:To be honest with you Monse? It wasn't any of yours it was jamal's he found it. It technically wasn't even the Santos, it was just lil Ricky and those who helped him. They didn't look for it so it became free game that my cousin got into alot of shit for, that you guys just felt like you all deserved, and if it was up to me you out of everyone don't deserve any because of that big ass mouth of yours. He was looking for it for Cesar in the first place that was the plan its in writing, you guys will use the RollerWorld money to get Cesar protection or out of the Santos. Nothing about splitting it.