Trust and Cuts

Notes:

Heya Descendants!

Two posts one day?

Everyone thank Dobby.

She reminded us to post again with her review.

Aren't you guys the lucky little readers ;)

So let's not be upset the last chapter was so painfully short.

But, JFC. Editing. Ugh.

Hope you guys enjoy this one.

It was as fun to write so hopefully it'll be just as fun to read!

-Twisted

(See the end of the chapter for questions.)

*Later that day...*

A secret note pinned to the door of the hangout saying T wanted to meet up? Yeah, that wasn't suspicious. Not that wanting to meet up and telling Mal they were going to play hide and seek was unusual, but in a note pinned to the door while she was alone inside?

Highly suspect.

Hyades sighs as she walks yet another path to the book club beach, still staring at the paper in her hand.

She was being careful, not paranoid. At least that's what she kept telling herself. It didn't stop her from reading it through for the hundredth time. Nothing was wrong with their language. The handwriting was the same, though more rushed than normal. The tone of the letter was a little off, but after the way Mal had been acting it didn't surprise her.

Something had happened between those two. No one else seemed off. Well, Yensid seemed a little off, but he was harder to read than most.

She sighs before she holds the letter in her palm and burns it to ash.

It takes her longer than usual to reach the beach, but she eventually hops down to the soft sand.

She smiles as she looks around. They weren't as concerned with someone stumbling across this place as they had been at the old stretch of beach. She could still see the pools of cooled metal she melted down and left for later, discarded pieces from a machine that Carlos had stripped for parts, and a large blanket with rocks to weigh it down. She'd forgotten to pull it up and store it the last time she'd been here.

They were a lot messier when they weren't worried about being discovered.

Her smile turns to a frown. T had missed Gil finishing his sword. T had missed all their book club gatherings for the past, it had been a few weeks at least. He hadn't been attending meetings, and she hadn't seen him either.

Again, nothing suspicious... Right?

Nothing to be worried about? Her hand hovers over the sword on her belt. Was he going to jump out and attack? Or was this really just a meeting?

"T?" She calls out nervously before she continues to edge closer to the cave entrance.

"Yo." T greets as he stands up from where he was looking over the scraps of broken greatswords. "Sup?" He walks over to her.

"Sup?" Hyades shakes her head as she drops her hand from the sword hilt. She looks behind T, smiling when she sees the dingy from Uma's ship. No wonder she hadn't seen any signs of T.

"Was hopin' you could do me a favor," T admits as he looks away from her and keeps walking to the shore.

Hyades tilts her head to the side. T so rarely asked for her help. How could she refuse? "Sure. What's up?"