That Better Not be a Stray

Notes:

Hey Descendants!

I'm so up past my bedtime with work bright and early in the morning... But I couldn't leave you guys hanging.

We hope you're in the mood for fluff :)

Nearly dawn... Still the same night...

It had been a long fucking night. Uma yawns, stretching her arms high above her head as she walks across the plank leading up to her ship. She grins as her back pops. Her ship. She never got tired of it.

Her mother made her stay and scrub every damn plate, pot, and pan. Like you could even tell if the difference with the state of them. The early morning dive to collect shellfish was always welcomed, she might still be tired, but she loved swimming.

She was done though... And now she could devote her full attention where it belonged, her boys in the cabin, and the information she was hoping that they possessed. She'd been worried about Deez for the last six hours, and it was exhausting. She wanted to strangle T. Gil could protect that lanky fucks identity as much as he wanted to try, but she had known almost instantly who had sent her sweet boy into a protective tizzy.

She takes a deep breath as she stands in front of the cabin door, collecting herself and preparing for the fact there was a good chance her boys hadn't been able to get any answers. She shakes her head. No. She had given both her boys specific missions and they had yet to disappoint in that area.

She lets out a heavy sigh, before she finally slips into the room, shutting the door behind her as she stepped into the room.

Gil and Harry were sitting quietly in the dark, perched on the bed around a small lump in the thin blanket. Gil's hand was slowly moving back and forth as if he were petting Shrimpy. But the cat was clearly sleeping in a crease in the blanket as if the cat was curled around someone's feet. Harry was also petting whatever was on the bed, though his hand was more stationary than Gil's.

"Captain." Gil greets softly with a wide grin.

"Cap'n." Harry greets just as quietly.

"Ugh, please tell me you didn't find another stray? Cause that's a big cat..." Uma greets in confusion.

"Oh please Uma!" Harry winks at Gil as he slides from the bed, "She be ah pretty little thing-"

"Tiny too." Gil adds with a conspiratorial grin.

"She might be ah bit ah trouble when she be ah' wakin' up, but I be sure we be prepared for it." Harry drops to his knees in front of Uma, "Please, oh cap'in my cap'in, can't we be keeping her?" He begs as he hugs Uma's legs.

Uma narrows her eyes suspiciously, ignoring Harry after she shakes him off. She walks over to the bed to stand in front of Gil, but she stops short when she sees a stark white strand of hair peeking out from under the blanket. Her mouth drops in surprise before she looks back to her boys. "Is she okay?!" She whispers harshly. "How the hell did you manage this?" She immediately asks Gil, not having the patience for Harry's games right now.

"I picked her up." Gil responds simply. "She said she felt like she didn't belong, and I couldn't be leaving her after that."

Uma's eyes narrow into slits, "She fucking said what now?" She demands, unable to keep the hurt from her voice as she turns to look at her cousin with a frown. Deez felt like she didn't belong? When the fuck had that happened? When had she failed so badly that she could ever think that. Her brow furrows. Her fucking mother worked her like a damned dog- But it was the only way she could afford to repair her ship. It hurt her damn heart.