Wait... Two What?

Notes:

Hey Descendants!

Got another chapter for you guys. But I have a question before you get to it. I know, usually it's Twisted's job to ask the questions. Anyway, I was just wondering if you guys would like to start seeing three chapters a week. No matter what, you'll always get at least two, but I am curious how many would like to see the change.

Alright, back to the chapter, and don't forget to look over Twisted's chapter review. We enjoy hearing from you guys and want to know your thoughts.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

A Week Later

Yensid pauses at the soft sound of knocking. He tilts his head to the side, listening for the sound again. Carlos' knock was always much more frantic. Hyades' knock more firm and rhythmic. Then who was it?

He looks over to the clock on his wall. Ten. It was the usual time for one of his vks to show up. With a smile, he places a slip of paper into the book he was reading and stands. "Coming." He calls out as he walks over to unlatch the door.

He blinks in momentary surprise to see his old window stalker standing on his stoop. "Hello." He greets the awkwardly shifting boy. "Can I assist you with something?"

The boys stops mid rock. "I gave up-" He sighs in defeat, dropping back to his feet before he takes a step back. His eyes darting back, forth, and oddly up to make sure there was no one around. "Shit is taking too long to find..." He states bluntly. "Do you have any books about forging." He blinks. "Or blacksmithing or whatever..." He shrugs. "You loan them out, right?" He blurts out tonelessly.

Yensid smiles, "I do have a vast collection of books, would you like to come in and see what we can find on the subject?"

"Um..." T sighs, "I guess..."

Yensid takes a step back, granting T access. "I'm not sure I remember unpacking any of my trade books, I may need to summon them from my bag."

T narrows his eyes, almost in challenge-Before he darts into the house past Yensid, halting to a stop before he hit the table.

Yensid follows T's movement with his eyes before he shrugs and shuts the door, "Welcome to my home... My name is Yensid, what would you like for me to call you?" This had to be the boy Hyades said was helping her teach Gil to read... She never mentioned his name, other than the first night she'd seen him staring through the windows, but he was pretty sure she trusted him. And Hyades had a hard time trusting anyone.

"Uh-" T shifts, eyes dropping. "Uh-Guess it's weird if I know-" He coughs, "T." He eventually mumbles.

"T." Yensid nods once before he walks over to an old, beat-up cloth satchel, "This shouldn't take too long. Books about Smithing and forging you said?"

T nods silent, his eyes back on him like a hawk.

"I'll add metalworking and maybe a few other reference materials to the list as well. Maybe a history if you're interested?" Yensid peers back at him as he snaps open the handle.

"Thank you." T mumbles, dropping his eyes as he leans a hip against the table and crosses his arms.

"You're very welcome." Yensid smiles before he thrusts his entire arm, all the way to his shoulder into the impossible to accommodate bag.

T double takes in surprise, his eyes widening to the size of saucers. "Where did you get that?" He asks nearly drooling over it, even venturing a step forward. "And how does it work?"