Enemies (Chapter Thirty Five)

Lizzy's POV

*flashback*

It was my senior year of high school and I was more than excited to be done with school. Not that I hated everything about high school but I also didn't love it. I was ready to leave this little town and get away. "Lizzy he's staring at you again." Sarah said as I casually looked around seeing Kyle staring at me down the hall.

He was the cutest boy in the school, and every girl wanted him. "What do you think he wants?" I asked looking back at her. "I don't know but here he comes love you bye." She said running away and I turned and he was now standing in front of me. "Hey lizzy." He said looking me up and down and I got butterflies all around me.

"Hi Kyle." I said hoping it didn't sound awkward but it did. "Can I walk you to class?" I nodded smiling trying to control myself and not freak out, as we walked down the hall I noticed a few girls looking at us but I just ignored them, the hottest guy in the school wanted to hang out with me. "Would you want to go on a date with me?" He asked as we got to my glass.

"I Would love too." I said smiling and he kissed my cheek as he walked away "I'll see you at 7" he said before going around a corner. I felt my heart wanting to explode and I couldn't wait to get into the class room and tell Sarah about what happened. I'm going on a date with Kyle.

*end of flashback*

He didn't tell me that night on that date that he was going to hit me multiple times, he didn't tell me he was going to call me as many names as he could think of. He didn't tell me he would force me to have sex with him when I didn't feel good. He didn't tell me that he would traumatize me. He didn't tell me that I would have scars because I decided to date him.

I Remember the first time he hit me. He wasn't an abuser he was my best friend slapping me. That day I told myself he just had a bad day and it wouldn't happen again because why would it? He was my best friend. I would have horrible panic attacks with him and he would always help to calm me down even though he was the one who caused them, I called that love.

I had tried my best to be everything he wanted but throughout that I lost who I was,I ruined who I was. I'm not really sure still to this day what was worse the fact that he knew what he was doing or that I let him do what he did for so long. I want to believe I deserved the pain. Otherwise I can't figure out why I just accepted it and let him. Thinking that I just let him is much worse than thinking I deserved it.

"Lizzy baby are you okay?" I heard Austin and turned to look at him and nodded "yeah just thinking." I said looking forward. I was sitting on the stairs I didn't even notice he was awake. "Thinking about what?" He asked walking up to me and grabbing my hands. "Just now I let Kyle hurt me the way he did, I can't figure how I let it keep going." I said trying not to get upset.

"Baby girl you were scared, I can't imagine everything you've gone through. I don't like to think about it because it hurts my heart knowing he put his hands on you. I see the scars, I've seen the bruises and I can't imagine the kind of words he used around you. But lizzy baby girl what matters now is you got away. You can breathe sometimes life has to kick you and knock the wind out of you to remind your lungs how much they love air."

His words hit my right in my heart, he was right your lungs need reminded that they love and need air. "I love you." I said jumping up from the stairs and hugging him kissing him. "I love you more." He said carrying me down the stairs and sitting me on the kitchen counter. He started kissing me and I felt his hands starting to rub up my back.

 He started kissing me and I felt his hands starting to rub up my back