Breakeven (Chapter Twenty Six)

trigger warning to abuse in this chapter and please if you or someone you know is in an abusive situation please call the domestic abuse hotline 1-800-799-7233 and I'm always open to talk ❤️❤️

Lizzy's POV

*flashback*

"Kyle I'm not going to fight with you in front of everyone." I said storming out of the room. We were over at his friends house and he thought I looked at his friend with "wanting" eyes and that started a fight. I walked outside into the cold and into our car that was sitting in the driveway.

He followed me out and looked pissed so I just locked the door and could see the smoke coming out of his ears. It was late and no one was outside and his friend was in the basement. Before I had a chance his fist hit the window and the glass landed on me and he grabbed me by my hair and pulled me through the window.

I felt the glass cutting me as he pulled me out. I landed hard on the ground letting out a moan "shut up lizzy." He said and kicked me in the side. Then he picked me back up putting me in the car and getting in on the other side driving us home as I was bleeding and in pain. My whole body ached from the glass cutting me, but it mainly hurt because of how hard I hit the ground.

He basically dragged me inside before throwing me on the floor again and kicking me again. Then he went upstairs and went to bed. I was left down here to take care of myself and fix myself because I didn't think he would want me going to the hospital.

*end of flashback*

That was the first time he really hurt me. Leading up to that it was just name calling and a few pushes and maybe two slaps. I never knew it would turn that violent. I still have a few scars from being pulled over the glass. I still remember the feeling of being slammed to the ground. That wasn't even the worst that I would get it got worse over time.

We're on our way to Boise Idaho for the next show and everyone is asleep except me who can't stop thinking of all the bad things Kyle has done to me. I can't stop remembering the pain, the feelings he gave me. I rarely have a full nights sleep without waking up from a nightmare. I did my best to not wake Austin up and up until tonight I had done a good job of that.

Tonight I jerked and it woke him up. "Lizzy's honey whats wrong?" He asked because I was visually shaken up. "I just had a bad dream go back to bed baby." I said and he pulled me into him which immediately helped calmed me down. "About Kyle?" He asked and I nodded "oh baby I'm sorry, you're safe now baby girl. He can't get to you" I nodded and cuddled back into him trying to fall back asleep as he ran his hand up and down my back.

A few hours later I woke up and walked out to the open part of the bus and the only people awake were the two drivers who took turns. I sat down on the couch and looked out the window. It was nice just to sit in the silence and watch the outside world. I rarely get time when it's just me now. Not that I'm complaining I'm so lucky to have this life and I care for everyone on this bus.

After an hour Austin came walking out his hair all over the place, I loved it. "Hey baby girl whatcha doing?" He said lifting my legs and sitting down putting my legs on his lap. "Watching the outside." I said still looking out of the window. "It's a beautiful day outside isn't it?" He asked and I nodded it was around 10 am so it was still quiet on the highway.

" lizzy?" Austin asked and I looked at him "Yeah?" I asked and he smiled "I just wanted to see your beautiful eyes" I rolled my eyes before smiling "you're such a cheesy dork" I said moving over to kiss him. "I try" He said giving me a smile. "Do you ever miss home?" I asked looking back at him. "Honestly not really. I live alone so I don't really have something to miss at home." I looked at him sadly "what about your parents? And step mom?" I asked.