Ch. 2 - Sympathy for the Hero

"One barbecue meal. Hold the barbecue." A blue-haired student ordered to the lunch lady.

That day the school cafeteria was crowded and all the spots were occupied.

Except one...

There was another student at the only table left, he was sleeping with a book on his face, as he fell asleep while reading. He was dangerously swinging backwards with the chair without losing balance despite the deep sleep. 

The boy approached him while some others whispered at their backs.

"Uesugi-kun still does group with Y/N... During work he's called Red Eagle. He is famous and friendly with everyone, but he'd rather stick to this strange guy! How can Y/N endures him?"

"Well, the two of them know each other since before he became a professional hero. Even long before."

"Say what you will, I don't care at all." Fuutarou thought as he laid the tray on his friend's table.

At the same time another guest laid her tray on the other free side of the table.

It was a beautiful girl with long red hair adorned with two star-shaped hairpins and a strange ahoge, she had blue eyes and wore an uniform from another school.

"This is our table, please move on." Fuutarou said bluntly, Y/N was still sleeping.

"That's so rude! It's the only spot left of all the canteen. And your friend doesn't even have to eat." She replied annoyed while taking a seat. 

"And my legs hurt, I've been touring the school all the morning. I can't take it anymore".

"Do as you please." Fuutarou said in a huff.

Some students passing by started to chatter.

"Look! Uesugi-kun is eating with a cute girl!"

"No way! Maybe she is a fan of Y/N..."

"I call a hard bet, she is Uesugi's girlfriend!"

They whispered and laughed, catching the attention of the three students.

"That idiots..." Fuutarou stated, surprised to see the girl ashamed, her face bright red turned down to her tray.

"You deserve it. None forced you to do this." He thought.

Y/N too heard some of those lines.

The words "Uesugi's girlfriend" came from his ear through the hearing, reaching the brain who computed the meaning.

"Uesugi's WHAT!" He shouted, waking abruptly despite the day before he had overworked.

He lost his balance risking to fall on the ground if Fuutarou hadn't grabbed one of the chair's legs, carrying him on stable ground.