Episode 66 Tracer Vs Scout

Start from the beginning

Boomstick: How do you accidentally create a time machine and put it in a fighter jet?

Wiz: A word to the wise, this is why you use animals before moving to human trials, like I always do.

Ruby got really annoyed. "No! I would never sacrifice Zwei for anything!"

Wiz: Anyways, Tracer essentially existed as a ghost, uncontrollably phasing in and out of time. It looked like Overwatch's prized pilot would be decommissioned forever.

"That's just sad and scary," Blake said.

Boomstick: Until her teammate, good friend, and gorilla scientist Winston made a special techno doohickey to keep her locked in the present.

(*Cues: Overwatch - Rally the Heroes*)

Wiz: This Chronal Accelerator doesn't just anchor Tracer's time displacement. It also gives her two different ways to manipulate her own time flow. In a near instant, she can zoom approximately 23 feet away. This Blink ability is not true teleportation, but instead speeds up time only for Tracer, while propelling her in any given direction.

Boomstick: What?

"Yeah. This is too complicated," Yang said, holding her head.

Wiz: She can briefly jump herself forward in time, though from an outside view, it looks like a blur.

Boomstick: Got it.

"Huh. Makes more sense. Kind of," Yang finished.

Wiz: More than that, she can also reverse time for herself with the Recall ability, which returns Tracer's health and spatial position back to where they were a few seconds before. While usually, Recall only turns back three seconds, in some instances, she's gone as far back as fifteen.

"How does that work? Can it be controlled at all? That doesn't sound very safe to me," Weiss said.

"At least you get your health back," Ruby added.

Arsenal:

Chronal Accelerator (Ruby's favorite)

Blink: Boosts user in any direction, Blinks recharge every 3 seconds

Recall: Rewinds self-time

Pulse Pistols

Draws power from Chronal Accelerator

Mag Sizer: 20 rounds per pistol

Pulse Bomb (Yang's favorite)

Blast Radius: 10 feet | 3 meters

Charges over time

Boomstick: Well, thank God her weapons aren't as confusing as that shit! She carries dual rapid fire Pulse Pistols as her primary pain dispensers, each can empty twenty rounds in a single second.

Wiz: But what the Pulse Pistols have in power, they sorely lack in range and accuracy.

"They look pretty strong, but the lack of range ruins it for me. I'd rather stick with Ember Celica," Yang commented.

Boomstick: Good thing she also has her Pulse Bombs! I'll put it this way, pretty much anybody she sticks this thing to, has exactly two seconds to make their peace before going to the big capture point in the sky.

"So. It just sends enemies flying basically," Blake summarized.

Wiz: Tracer maximizes her unique weaponry with hit and run tactics, frustrating her enemies and making her very difficult to pin down.