|73| - Extreme Rules.

|A week later| 

Ashley's POV 

A week had passed. One week had passed and I had refused to speak about Kharma. I had refused to speak about my match. I had avoided all conversations that surrounded or implied my match with Kharma. But, now it was time. It was Extreme Rules and I had come to accept that tonight I was losing my title. Was I nervous? Yes. Was I scared? Yes. Did I let anyone know besides Dean? No. I had to keep my charade up. Everyone believed I was fine about this match. Honestly, I was absolutely terrified. But I was keeping up appearances. I'd crept out of bed early this morning, leaving Dean asleep. I'd made my way to the gym before anyone else got there. I wanted some time on my own before I got bombarded by everyone. Luckily the gym was empty, meaning I could have alone time. I dropped my bag down and sat on the floor. I ran a hand through my hair before I tied it into a pony tail. I lay on the floor and let out a huge sigh. Tonight was a make it or break it type of a match. I knew losing my title would kill me. It would actually destroy me. But, I knew I didn't have a chance against Kharma. The Authority had brought her back purely to destroy me and take the title from me. Without that title I was... nothing. I would go back to being the girl who was a valet. I would just been the girl valeting The Shield. The girl who's engaged to a Shield member. I let out a frustrated sigh as I stared up at the ceiling of the gym. 

'Is this a new type of working out?' I shot up at the sound of a voice. Seth stood a few feet from me, gym bag slung over his back as he stared at me, eyebrows raised. 

'Something like that' I muttered, pulling myself up. Seth dropped his bag down. 

'How you feeling about your match?' He asked as he joined me, as I sat on the bench. 

'Oh yeah, great' I answered, but the sarcasm was evident. 

'You'll be fine' Seth said. I shook my head and looked at him. 

'You don't really believe that do you?' I asked him. 

'I can see it wrote all over your face, Seth. You and Roman both don't think I can win this match. I don't even think Dean thinks I can. I'm pretty sure Erica thinks I won't win. Hell, a lot of people are sure tonight is the end of my title reign' I sighed as I leaned my head back against the wall. 

'Do you think you can do it?' He asked me. 

'No' It was a blunt answer. Seth seemed stunned by my answer. I looked at him. 

'You really think you can't do it?

'No need to look surprised. I can admit to not being able to do things' I shot at him. 

'You're normally pretty confident Ash

'She's not a normal person though. Look, I'm going to give it my best shot. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm not going to walk out of this match the champion' Seth was quiet. I knew  that the four of them didn't think I could win. I was doubting myself more and more each second. The door opened and I saw Erica come into the gym. So much for my time alone. 

'Hey' She greeted us. 

'I'm gonna go and leave you two alone' I grabbed my bag and left Erica and Seth alone. I couldn't go back to the room. I didn't want to admit to Dean that I had convinced myself tonight my title reign was over. I walked through the lobby and headed out into the street. I'd find somewhere to stay on my own, until it was time for me to leave for the arena. 

Erica's POV 

'She okay?' I asked Seth as Ashley left the gym in a hurry. Seth stood up and walked over to me.