|47| - Who said romance is dead?

All I could remember was passing out. I just remember everything going black. I was sure that there was something wrong. I knew exactly what it was. AJ had thrown me into the barricade and my head had hit it pretty hard. I'd felt funny ever since. My head was feeling fuzzy now. That's twice in the last month my head had been a target for injury. I slowly opened my eyes and was met by an incredibly bright light. Jesus. I squinted and tried to get used to the light. I eventually became accustomed to it and glanced around.

'I thought you were never going to wake up' I heard a muffled voice. I frowned at the voice and turned my head to the side, but it hurt. I winced. 

'Erica?' I croaked out. A face came into view and I could make out that it was Erica's face. 

'How you feeling?' She asked, her voice soft as she scanned my face. 

'I'm in pain'' My voice cracked. 

'You just passed out. I couln't wake you up. I panicked. I managed to find John and he called for an ambulance. Dean's here, Seth and Roman are too' Erica informed me. I didn't say anything. 

'You hit your head didn't you?' She asked me. 

'Yeah. AJ threw me into the barricade' I answered. We were both quiet for a second, until the doctor appeared. I was wondering where Dean, Seth, Roman and John were. 

'How are you feeling Ashley?' The doctor asked me, as he poised his pen ready to write. 

'Pretty rough

'Your head?

'Yeah' The doctor nodded at my answer and scribbled something down. 

'We've observed your head and ran a few tests. This isn't the first time you've had a head related injury is it?' The doctor asked watching me. 

'No about three weeks, nearly a month ago I was hit with a steel chair' Now, if that came from a person who wasn't in the business, that would have sounded pretty messed up. He nodded. 

'You have a concussion and we are keeping you in over night, just to keep an eye on you. We also advise you not to compete for the next two weeks' Fantastic. I was out of action for two whole weeks. Wait, the Rumble. 

'I have a match to attend to, about two weeks from now. Will I be able to compete?' I asked the doctor. He scribbled something down and then looked at me. 

'You should be clear for that' I sighed in relief. I was going to be able to compete at the Royal Rumble. There would have been no way I was going to miss that. 

'We've got some medication for you to take. There's some people who want to see you. Only one at a time though' The doctor informed me. I thanked him and he disappeared. 

'Two weeks' I groaned  to Erica. 

'Two weeks I've got to stay at home and watch whilst you all get to compete. AJ's going to be running her mouth' I sighed and rubbed my face. I dropped my hands from my face. 

'You're going to have to keep an eye on them, Erica. You need  to keep and eye on Dean, Seth and Roman. I was supposed to play peace keeper up until the Rumble. Yoiu're going to have to do it until I get back' I told her. She pulled a face. I take it she didn't want to do that. 

'You think I can handle the three of them? How the hell am I supposed to keep The Shield on a leash?' Erica asked, looking at me as if I was crazy. 

'You're going to have to. I can't. Just keep them sweet. Threaten them or something' Erica sighed. 

'You had to get yourself injured' She muttered.