|21| - Tension is between us.

The next morning...

'Well, you look like crap' Erica pointed out as she walked past my bed. I pulled a face. I'd gotten about four hours sleep altogether. I'd barely managed to get any sleep after mine and Phil's conversation last night. I didn't want to talk to him. I was still confused and slightly pissed off that he was actually moaning at me for using AJ's move against her. Like he hasn't done it before! I was still annoyed about the whole thing. I didn't understand why he disapproved of what I had done. We'd won the match hadn't we? I got out of bed and followed Erica into the main part of the bus. Phil was sitting in his usual seat, drinking his mug of coffee. Erica excused herself for a shower, leaving me in a foul mood with Phil. I nosily made myself a mug of coffee. 

'Alright, what's up?' Phil sighed. 

'What? Oh nothing. I'm peachy' I shot back sarcastically, not even looking at him. I carried on making my mug of coffee as loud as I possibly could. A pair of hands came down on top of mine, and the mug was moved swiftly out of my way. 

'Want to try that again Ash?'' Phil asked, taking his hands off mine. I didn't answer him. 

'Ashley, tell me what's wrong or I'll beat it out of you' Phil threatened. 

'I just don't get why you were so... disappointed last night that I used AJ's own submission against her. I mean if it was anyone else you would have been all up for it. Why was it so different that it was AJ?' I asked him, my words come out in a fast angry tumble. Phil just looked at me. 

'That's why you're being like?

'Being like what? Pissed off because my best friend disapproves of the way I won the match. If you'd forgotten Phil I won our match against Dean and AJ. I didn't get us disqualified. I didn't cheat. I won fair and square and yet you can't get over the fact I used AJ's own move against her!' I think if it had been any other diva that Phil was defending, it wouldn't have bothered me. But, the fact it was AJ. It just... it just riled me up. 

'Okay okay. I shouldn't have said what I had said. I'm not disappointed in you. I'm proud you won us the match. I just meant, maybe if you  had have used your own move on her you might have been more satisfied because it was all YOU. I just thought using AJ's move against her was low for you because you're better than that, because you could have won with your own move' Phil explained. Oh, I thought quietly to myself. Well, if he'd have explained it like that last night I would have been so pissy!

'Well, now if you'd have said that last night we wouldn't have had a problem' I told him, leaning around him and grabbing my mug back. I finished off making my coffee, a lot quieter this time. I sat down and Phil joined me. 

'I'm extremely impressed Ash, and I am proud that you won our match. I just hope you know that AJ's gonna be massively pissed tonight' Phil said, I shrugged. 

'I can easily whoop her ass again' I said, matter-of-factly. 

'Although, you didn't exactly whoop Dean's ass last night. How the hell did you let  him hit you with a chair?' I asked Phil, teasing him. 

'Hey, AJ distracted the ref and I was too busy watching you' Phil exclaimed. 

'Tsk Tsk Mr Best in the World. You took your eye off the game' I shook my head. Phil frowned. We were back to normal, just how I liked it. 

'Oh, and I suppose you could easily beat Dean Ambrose?' He challenged. 

'Psh, easily' I dismissed. We all know how much Dean wanted to get into the ring with me.