|39| - The Slammy's.

Three days had passed since Smackdown. Three days had passed since Phil had stood in front of me and uttered the words 'I'm sorry' Those words had echoed around my head. They had resounded over and over in my mind. Those were the first words Phil had spoken to me since the night I turned my back on him. No matter how hard I had tried to push them out of my head and no matter how hard I had tried to focus on other things, it just wasn't happening. Dean had hounded me ever since Smackdown had finished. He knew Phil had said something to me, but I just told him it was nothing. I wasn't even sure what it meant. I didn't know if he was sorry for what had happened between us. I just didn't know. Once again my head was now a mess again. Thanks Phil. But, it was now Monday again and tonight was The Slammy's. I just knew something was bound to happen tonight. There was so much going on in my head again that the entire weekend I had barely spoke to anyone. Erica had barely come to see me and according to Roman, Dean was spending his time in the gym. More like he couldn't face me because he didn't like the fact he had lost to Punk. Which was fine because I needed time on my own to get my head around what Punk had said. I had spent all morning in bed. But, now I dragged myself out of bed and headed into the shower. I thought I'd head down to the gym and try and find Dean. I didn't take long getting a shower and getting changed. My phone vibrated on the bedside table and I padded across the room to get it. I sat down on the bed and picked up the phone. My stomach twisted. Phil. He'd text me. I slowly opened the text. 

'Meet me outside the room 118' I stared at the screen of my phone. I stared at it long and hard that my eyes were starting to sting.  Hotel room? Phil normally traveled in the bus...I knew Dean would go mental if he knew I had gone to speak to Phil. Well, he wouldn't know. I didn't answer Phil. I just grabbed Dean's jacket and put it on. I headed out the room and headed down the hallway and into the elevator to the next floor. I was slightly nervous about seeing Phil. The last time we had been standing side by side as friends was before we walked through that curtain two weeks ago. I wasn't feeling angry like I had expected myself to be. I was just feeling nervous. I walked along the corridor and then I found it. Room 118. I could turn back now and pretend I never got his text. But, he'd still find a way to talk to me. Getting a hotel room... he wanted me to meet in his room instead of going to his bus. He didn't want Dean to catch us. Was that for my benefit or his? I needed to see him though. I needed to see him to see if the words he had uttered to me on Smackdown were true. Or if this was just a game he was playing. I took a deep breath, raised my fist and knocked on the door. It was the longest five seconds of my life. I shoved my hands deep into the pockets of the jacket. Finally, the door opened. 

'Ash' Phil choked my name out. I'm guessing he didn't think I was going to show up. I was surprised at myself for showing up. He stood there in a pair of jeans, his Chicago cubs t-shirt. His hair was fluffy on his head and a relieved expression was painted across his face. I didn't say anything. He just pulled the door back, showing me that I could go into the room. I stood there for a second staring inside of the room. Half of me was screaming to turn and walk away. That I shouldn't be here. I'd made my decision and I was sticking to it. But, the other half wanted to know what he had to stay. So I chose the latter option. I took a step into Phil's room and stood in the middle of the room. I heard him close the door and then I slowly turned to face him. 

'I'm surprised you actually came' He admitted. 

'So am I' I answered. He nodded understandingly. 

'I meant what I said on Smackdown' He didn't waste no time getting straight to the point.

'What exactly was that?' I asked, my voice quiet. I crossed my arms over my chest. 

'I'm sorry' He uttered those two words out again. 

'For what?' I pressed. My eyes on the floor.