|1| - Best in the world.

Ashley's POV 

'Ashley! Punk's waiting for you' A voice hollered down the hallway. I turned my head slightly to find one of the crew members pointing me towards the gorilla position. I nodded and then turned back to the current conversation I was having. 

'I'll talk to you guys later' I smiled apologetically at Nikki and Brie Bella, before jogging quickly down the corridor and heading towards the gorilla position. I should probably start off by saying that I'm Ashley Orton and I'm a WWE superstar. According to a lot of people I'm a pretty good wrestler, one of the best they had seen in a long time. I didn't think that about myself, but it was nice to think that other people believed that about me. I've been in the business for a couple of years now, but WWE has been in my life for as long as I could remember. I am the daughter of one of the greatest WWE superstars to ever grace the company - Randy Orton. Now, being Randy's daughter brought you a lot of attention. Bad or good. Randy Orton was deemed as the 'Viper' of the WWE. He was sadistic, twisted, insane and extremely dangerous. You don't get that vibe off me straight away, but as a lot of Diva's have learned, that side of me comes out in the ring and also especially if you piss me off - in or out of the ring. I was seen as many things 'the vipers daughter 'the good girl' considering I was friends with the likes of John Cena, I was also known as the 'badass diva'. I'd practically grown up in the WWE, it was apart of my life and now always would be. As soon as I joined the WWE I'd made friends almost instantly, as well as enemies. One of the friends I'd made the day I had stepped foot into the WWE was none other than CM Punk. He was the one person I'd connected with straight away, and we had pretty much become joint at the hip. I'd been in multiple story lines with him, and I was currently in one of them now with him. Myself and Punk were sort of involved with each other in this story line, well it had been an on going story line. For some reason people adored us together, and the WWE thrived off that. So, myself and Punk were an item. Of course, I'd be dragged into his problems. I was seen as his 'weakness'.  Punk had been having a lot of trouble lately with his former manager Paul Heyman and his client Brock Lesnar, who by the way absolutely scared the living hell of out of me. Basically, Paul had screwed Punk over big time and Punk wasn't one for letting something like that go. Right now we were currently at one of the biggest pay per views in WWE history. Summerslam. Punk was involved in a huge match tonight against Brock Lesnar and I was absolutely terrified for him. When the match had been made I'd begged Punk to back out of it, but he had a lot of pride and flat out refused not to. 

'You ready to go out there kid?' Punk asked me as I made my way over to him. I tucked a piece of my dark hair behind my ear and nodded. In the story line me and Punk were an item, in reality we were best friends. 

'Look, I'm not going to lie to you Phil' I was the only one who called him by his real name. He wouldn't allow anyone else to call him by it. I was honored.

'I'm petrified for you. I know you're gonna fight like it's life or death and for you that might be the case. But, it's Brock Lesnar and well...' I trailed off, remembering the recent beatings that Lesnar had given Phil in the previous weeks. Phil put both of his tattooed hands on my shoulders, and looked at me. 

'I will be fine. I'm the best in the world after all' He gave me a grin, before removing his hands from my shoulders. We heard Brock Lesnar's music fade out and the crowd erupted into cheers of 'CM PUNK' It was amazing to hear the crowd chanting Phil's name, I know it gave him a surge of confidence. It also gave me an adrenaline rush. I absolutely loved valeting with Phil. 

'You ready?' He asked me again. I nodded. Cult of Personality blasted through the speakers and Phil pulled back the curtain and walked out. He was now in CM Punk mode and that meant he was completely focused on this match and Lesnar. I followed behind him and was greeted with the deafening cheers of the crowd. It always took my breath away walking into the arena and seeing thousands upon thousands of people standing on their feet. The music was so loud and the lights flashed brightly. Punk stood at the top of the stage, surveying the view in front of him. His eyes on Lesnar who was pacing in the ring like an agitated caged animal. Punk dropped onto his knees and swiped the floor with one hand, before looking at his wrist and shouting 'IT'S CLOBBERING TIME' He jumped up, threw his fists towards the camera man in front of him before turning around. He faced me, gave me a quick wink before turning around and walking down to the ring. I followed behind him, my stomach in knots as I watched Punk jump up onto the apron, faced the crowd and soaked in their cheers before he climbed up on the ropes and shouted 'BEST IN THE WORLD' He jumped down off the ropes, removed his jacket and handed it to me. His music cut off and the crowd chanted his name as loud as they possibly could, before the referee signaled for the bell to ring and then the match began.  I clutched onto Punk's jacket as I knew I'd be watching this through half closed eyes. I couldn't bear to watch Lesnar tear Punk apart. I knew for a fact that if Punk lost this match, he wouldn't be okay. It would kill him. It would destroy him. I took a deep breath and watched the carnage in front of me unfold. Lesnar started off the match and for most of it he dominated, but Punk fought with all he could. Once I saw Punk getting more and more fired up, it was motivating me to spur him on.

'Come on Punk you can do it!' I yelled from ring side, still clutching onto his jacket. I heard Paul Heyman laugh manically from the other side of the ring, as he shook his head at my attempt to help rally Punk up. It was such a brutal match and I forgot that it was a no disqualification match until Punk slipped out of the ring and yanked a steel chair from the ring announcers corner. I knew before he had even got back into the ring that Lesnar would take the chair from him. They battled back and forth for a while, and I was pacing around the side of the ring hoping to God that Punk won or that he didn't get seriously hurt. Punk managed to get Lesnar into the Anaconda Vice and I felt a surge of hope spread through me. I started to jump up and down. 

'Make him tap!' I yelled as Punk held onto the vice. Lesnar was going to tap. Punk was going to win. That was until out the corner of my eye I saw Heyman slide into the ring. I dropped Punk's jacket and ran around to the other side of the ring. Heyman stood up and Punk had grabbed onto him, pulling him back against the ropes. I pulled myself up onto the ropes as Punk turned Heyman around giving me the perfect chance to slap Paul across his fat face. The crowd cheered as Paul rolled off the ring apron clutching his face. Before I could warn Punk, Lesnar had smacked the chair against Punk's back. I automatically jumped down from the ring as Lesnar's eyes locked with me. He made sure his eyes stayed locked with mine as he lifted the steel chair up and hit Punk repeatedly on the head. I turned away, wincing at the sound. I ran to the ring apron and yelled for Punk to get up. 

Get up Phil!' I shouted. Lesnar hit Punk with a few more chair shots, before yanking him up and putting him in the position for the F5. He hit the F5 and Punk landed straight on the chair. Brock wasted no time in pinning Punk. His music rang through the arena, as the crowd booed. I ran my hands through my hair as I looked at Punk lying flat out in the ring. Heyman laughed hysterically as Brock jumped out the ring, and they both made their way up the ramp. I slid into the ring and dropped onto my knee's next to Punk. 

'Phil, Phil. It's Ash, are you okay?' I mumbled into his ear. I grabbed his sweaty arms and helped pull him up. Lesnar's music had faded out and the crowd were now cheering for Punk, who was coming to his feet with the help from me. He looked around at the crowd distraught, and then he looked at me. He didn't say anything, but just rolled out the ring and walked up the ramp. I followed behind him and then he stormed through the curtains. I managed to grab his arm gently, and pull him around to face me. 

'It's okay. It doesn't matter if you  didn't win okay? You showed every person out there that you are the best in the world no matter what. I believe you're the best in the world and so do they' I told him reassuringly.  He ran a hand through his dripping wet hair and sighed. 

'I should have won Ash' He said shaking his head, clearly still distraught. I squeezed his arm. Something caught my attention behind Punk. 

'We should go' I said quietly. His eyebrows knitted together in confusion, and then his expression changed as he looked over his shoulder and he then nodded. Walking down the corridor behind Punk was the three members of The Shield. They were three men that nobody, and I mean nobody wanted to get involved with. The three of them had dominated the WWE for most of this year. They'd destroyed the likes of John Cena, Mark Henry, Sheamus, Ryback etc. Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. Three men in the WWE nobody wanted to be in the eye line of. I hoped that myself or Phil never got the attention of The Shield.