|67| - Pride comes before the fall.

All the way to the hotel I had been silent. I was still beyond livid at Erica's change of attitude. Tonight, the was one thing I least expected to happen. It was definitely a reality check. It also meant I had yet another problem on my plate. Another complication for Ashley Orton. Brilliant. For once I'd like for something good to happen to me. The only good thing that had come from tonight was knowing that The Shield had ultimately turned their backs on the Authority. We eventually arrived at the hotel and Dean muttered a bye to Seth and Roman. I was sure that Roman would be interested to know what happened between me and Dwayne. That was a fun conversation just waiting to happen. It wasn't until me and Dean were in our hotel room, when I let loose. 

'Can you believe this?' I asked throwing my stuff on the bed. 

'All this time she's been feeling like this and she only tells me now' I shook my head as I paced the room. 

'Golden girl of the WWE. Where has she got this shit from?' I frowned. I was still pissed at that comment. I wasn't a golden girl. It wasn't my fault my name was Orton. It wasn't my fault I came from a wrestling family. I get that maybe she felt like my popularity was too much. But, she hasn't even been here a damn year. Of course people are going to cheer for the veteran and not the rookie. 

'Maybe because of all the golden boys you've slept with' I froze at Dean's words and closed my eyes. He may have seemed okay with it earlier. But, I knew he was saving his temper tantrum until we were on our own. I opened my eyes but I remained turned away from him. 

'It's not a big deal Dean' I spoke quietly. 

'Is there anymore I should know about? I mean that's John and The Rock. What about Ziggler? He followed you around like a lost puppy.What about Daniel Bryan? Any other superstars you've fucked and lied about?' Dean's words were bitter and harsh. I spun around as I gaped at him in disbelief.  Dean raised his eyebrows at me and dark amused smile coloured his face. 

'What? Did that hurt your feelings? Is it true though Ash? Is there any other fellow superstars you decided to screw?' Dean pressed. 

'This isn't fair' My voice was still low.

'Hey, you and Erica are the one's who started spilling secrets. Clearly, you had more to hide' Dean retorted. I remained quiet. 

'Have you fucked Punk?' My eyes widened at him. This hit a nerve. 

'You know I haven't' Offended he would even suggest it. 

'How do I know Ash? You've lied about other things' Once again I stayed quiet. 

'You didn't want to be known as the girl who fucked her way into the business? Too late Ash, you've already proved you are' Dean sneered, his words ice cold. I felt my heart shudder at his words. With my already raging emotions sky rocketing, his words only made me feel more pissed. I slapped Dean sharply across the cheek. I couldn't believe he'd said that. He inhaled a breath as he raised his hand to the cheek I slapped. His eyes narrowed as he looked at me darkly. 

'That's not fair. I am not someone who screwed everyone in sight. I am not you' I retorted. Dean let out a laugh. 

'Was that supposed to offend me?' He asked. 

'I'm not doing this' I shook my head and went to walk past him. Dean grabbed my upper arm and pulled me into him. My back connected with his chest. 

'Yes you are' He hissed. I yanked myself free of his grip and spun around. 

'Fine. Yeah me and John dated for two years. Two years we were together and it was good. But, it wasn't this fairy tale relationship you think it was. It was good and nice. But, I wasn't in love. I was comforted by him. He took me in and made me feel welcome-'