|25| - Unexpected gestures.

I refused to believe it. I refused to believe what I had just seen was true. I refused to believe that Phil was making out with AJ. I moved out of Dean's grip and stalked up the corridor, my head pounding and I was starting to feel sick. It wasn't Phil. I could barely make out who it was, it could have been anyone. No, it wasn't Phil. It was someone else that Dean had mistaken for Phil and AJ. So, why was the Diva's title sitting there on the table? A small voice squeaked in my hand.  I felt Dean grab my arm and he pulled me back. I heard him open a door and I was dragged into another room. He quickly closed it and faced me. 

'It's not Phil' I said before he even spoke. 

'I saw him go in there Ashley. I'm not blind' Dean said. I shook my head. 

'It's not Phil. He wouldn't come to a party, because he doesn't drink. It's not... it's not Phil!' I stumbled over my words. I clenched my jaw that was starting to tremble.

'I know you saw the Diva's title. Ashley, you know damn well that was Punk and you know damn well that was AJ' Dean declared. I shook my head weakly. I ran a hand  through my hair. It wasn't true. Phil wouldn't go off with AJ. He knows what she's done to me. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. It made sense though didn't it? He'd been defending her and protecting her the last few weeks. He'd told me to back off and leave her alone. He'd told me that I wasn't up to her standard. That I couldn't beat her. No! Stop it Ashley! Phil wouldn't dare go near AJ. He knows what that psychotic bitch is like. I shook my head again. I could feel myself trembling. No. I wasn't going to break down or become vulnerable in front of Dean. No way. Not a chance. Dean walked over to me, and he gently took my eye mask off. I could see much better now. He dropped to my eye level and looked me square in the eye. 

'Isn't it possible he was pissed at the fact you slept with Dwayne and now he's getting his revenge by fucking AJ?' I  winced at Dean's use of a curse word. But, he did have a point. 

'No' I cracked. But, it all did make sense. Dean's hands held my face gently, his eyes searching my face. 

'He's with AJ' He told me bluntly. I wanted to yell. I wanted to kick and scream. It couldn't be true. 

'Not until he tells me himself, I refuse to believe it Dean. I refuse to believe that he's with her' I whispered. If I raised my voice any louder, I'd cry. I was surprised I wasn't going bat shit crazy. I think the alcohol in my system had somehow fuzzed my anger. I was feeling more upset and confused than angry. 

'You saw him kissing her!' Dean's voice got louder and he let go of my face and he turned away from me.

'He wouldn't do it! Not after all the shit he gave me about you and me-' I abruptly cut myself off. Damn it. Me and my big mouth. Dean slowly turned back around and faced me. 

'What he did say?' He asked, his voice low. Crap. I didn't like the way he was looking at me. 

'Nothing, he didn't say nothing' Panic etched into my voice and I turned away from Dean. My head was all over the place. It was feeling hazy from the alcohol and it was hurting from this information I was trying to refuse to process. 

'What did he say Ashley?' Dean's voice was a low growl in my ear and I could feel him standing right behind me. His chest was pressing against my back and my heart was now beating in my chest incredibly fast. I was speechless for a second. Having Dean this close to me was... I couldn't describe it. I felt him brush my hair away and once again I shivered at his touch. His lips were at my ear again. 

'Tell me what Punk said' He demanded. 

'He said that all you wanted to do was screw me because you probably think that's all I'm worth. He told me to stay away from you, because that's all you wanted to do. Screw me because apparently that's all I'm worth' My voice came out tight at the end, as I remembered mine and Phil's conversation, well argument. Dean tensed behind me,but his lips were still at my ear. I wasn't sure how I felt about having him this close to me.