|11| - Ashley's choice.

I'd made my decision. It probably wasn't the wisest decision I've ever made. But, if it meant me staying in Phil's good books and him never finding out that I'd stayed in The Shield's room, I was going to stick to my decision. Of course, I didn't want to go out to dinner with Dean Ambrose. Who would? Sometimes he scared me and then other times he didn't. The mould was definitely broke when Dean Ambrose was made. I'd stayed at the gym with Phil for a little while longer before we showered, changed and headed to lunch. I spent the entirety of our lunch trying to think of an excuse I could use for tonight. In the end I'd decided I was going to tell Kaitlyn, she owed me anyway. 

'You've been quiet ever since we got here' Phil commented, breaking me out of my thought train. 

'I'm just thinking of how I could I injure AJ and Summer on Smackdown' I mused, once again lying. I'd lied to Phil a lot lately and it was starting to tear me apart. Seven years we'd been best friends, ever since I'd stepped foot into the company and not once had I lied to him and now the lies were just coming naturally. 

'Don't injure AJ too much, she'll use that excuse to not have the championship match on Sunday' Phil said. 

'Night of Champions' I gasped. I'd totally forgot that Night of Champions was this Sunday. Phil raised an eyebrow .

'You're telling me you forgot that Night of Champions was this Sunday AND that you have a match for the Diva's title?' He asked. I nodded guilty. 

'What could you possibly have on your mind that made your forget that?' He asked, eyebrows still raised. Who was he, The Rock? 

'Just girl stuff' I shrugged, mentally kicking myself. How the hell could I have forgotten about Night of Champions?! We resumed back to eating our lunch. I now had to focus completely on Night of Champions and not The Shield. These next few days were going to be incredibly difficult. Once we'd finished lunch we headed back to the bus. It was 3:00pm. I needed to go and talk to Kaitlyn, explain and then ask her - no, tell her she was going to cover for me. 

'I'm gonna go and find the girls' I told Phil, leaving him to watch some hockey. I jogged over to the hotel. Brie and Nikki were sitting in the lobby, I waved at them before heading to the elevator. I stood in the elevator, but before the doors could shut a foot was placed to stop them. I looked up and saw Seth getting into the elevator. I physically had to restrain myself from getting back out of the elevator. He hadn't noticed it was me, he seemed to be too involved his phone. I hoped he wouldn't realize it was me but of course that wasn't my luck. He looked up from his phone and side wards glanced at me and then grinned. 

'Going to see Dean?' He taunted. I gritted my teeth and didn't answer  him. I wasn't going to get involved in his petty games. 

'Oh come on Ashley, don't give me the silent treatment' Seth turned to face me and pretended to pout. I rolled my eyes. 

'Dean's absolutely thrilled about your date' There was something in Seth's tone that didn't seem right. It was like an underlying double meaning. I, once again rolled my eyes and didn't answer him. The door pinged onto the floor I needed and I was thankful. The doors opened and I stepped out as quickly as I could.

'I'll tell Dean you said hi' Seth sniggered as the doors closed. I let out a breath. One day I was going to slap the smug smiles off each and every member of The Shield's face. I walked down the hallway and found Kaitlyn's room. I knocked on the door and waited for her to answer. 

'Oh, hey Ash' She spoke as she answered the door. She opened it and invited me in. I was happy that she hadn't got any of the other girls around.