|32| - Unknown rage.

I have never in my whole entire life felt my own heart hammering erratically against my ribcage. I was sure that at any moment it was going to burst out of my chest like in those cheesy cartoons. I'd been submerged by so many different emotions, it felt like I was drowning in them. My body was still trembling but I'd managed to somewhat control it. The rage I'd felt when I clung onto the chair had subsided but only by a little. My eyes had cast down to the limp body lying before me. Punk was lying face down on the mat, his body sprawled out in front of my eyes. I didn't feel one bit of remorse for what I had done. Infact, I'd felt the complete opposite. I'd felt... powerful. I'd felt the adrenaline pump itself around my body and mix in with the pure hatred and rage I was feeling. It had felt so good to hit Punk over and over again. It had felt extremely good to make him feel the pain, and this was only the beginning. That's when I felt myself pulled out from my reverie and was welcomed with the sounds of the deafening boo's. The crowd were still in awe that I'd planted their precious Punk. That'd I'd cause the dearly beloved Best in the World, pain. That I'd betrayed him. My fist was still raised over his body, still accompanied by Roman's, Seth's and Dean's fist. In all my years of being apart of the WWE, I had never once been booed. Yet, standing here I was being booed. Booed louder than anyone had been booed. Did I care? Absolutely not. I didn't care that I'd gone and crossed a line. I knew that by doing this and being apart of The Shield, I would lose every single friend I had backstage. It wouldn't be because I'd joined The Shield. No, it would be because I'd betrayed Punk. They would say I'd betrayed him. That I had been disloyal to him. Little did they know he was the one who'd betrayed me. I raised my eyes from Punk's body and scanned my eyes over the crowd. The Shield's music had now blocked out the boo's. I slowly let my arm drop down to my side. A small part of me felt sick. I felt sick that I'd managed to grab that steel chair, slide into the ring and slam it off Punk's back. A small part of me knew that it had been wrong. That I shouldn't have gone about it this way. That I should have just confronted him, privately and behind closed doors. I shouldn't have brought him out here, ambushed him and caused everyone to believe that I was the bad guy. I knew that would have been the right thing to do. Just me and Punk having a private conversation. That was what I should have done. But my bubbling and building anger and frustration hadn't allowed me to do that. Because overall, no matter what it cost me, I wanted him to suffer. I wanted to see him suffer and I wanted to enjoy every single, damn second of it. I stepped back from Punk's body. I could slowly feeling the adrenaline leaving my body. I just wanted to leave the ring. I edged for the ropes but I felt a hand grip the upper part of my arm. A voice spoke into my ear. 

'You don't leave on your own. You leave with us' I straightened up at the sound of Dean's voice. Oh yeah... I forgot now being apart of The Shield it meant I'd enter with them and leave with them. Wait, did that mean I'd have to enter with their music? Woah, did that mean I had to wear what they wore? Yes, Ashley. Because THAT is the bigger picture here. Dean's hand slithered off my arm and he walked back over to Seth and Roman. The doctors were now surrounding Punk and making sure he was okay. I looked away from him and at the three members of The Shield. Seth had made his way out of the ring, as well as Roman. I glanced back over my shoulder and watched Punk. The doctors were assessing him, seeing if he could move at all. 

'Ashley' Dean's sharp voice caused me to swing my head around. He was out of the ring, eyes on me, lips curled into a sneer. He wasn't asking a question, he was demanding me to get out of the ring. Well, that was something that was going to change. He certainly wasn't going to be demanding me to do anything. I slid out of the ropes and hopped off the ring apron and landed next to him. He made his way over the barricade in one smooth swipe. Yeah, this was going to be a problem. If I tried to copy him, I'd end up injuring myself and breaking a bone. Seth was halfway up the steps, Roman following just behind me. I clenched my jaw together and did my best to jump over the barricade. I actually did it with a lot more grace than I thought I would. Dean was waiting for me, and I realized he was waiting for me to walk in front of him. That way, I was inbetween him and Roman. Why? Was this some kind of protection. The crowd were still booing. Damn, now my adrenaline had wore off and my rage had dissolved, I was starting to feel bummed out by the amount of boo's I was getting. Shake it off, Ash. I climbed the steps and eventually, we left through some doors and was welcome by the bright fluorescent lights. There were peopling filing around us, taking photo's. We were by the concession stands and that's when I realized I needed to leave these three and be on my own. I knew I was going to get asked questions. I'd have to deal with John asking what the hell I had done. I'd have to deal with Brie having a huge bitch fit at me. I was sure Daniel was going to think the complete worst of me now. I would lose every friend because of the deal I had me. Because of the move I'd just played. Then it hit me. Erica. Shit. I'd promised her this was the one thing I wouldn't do. I closed my eyes. She was going to hate me for lying to her. I opened my eyes and glanced at Dean, Roman and Seth. They were in a deep conversation, not even fazed that there were fans shouting stuff at them. Of course, security were guarding us. I needed to get away. I needed my own space. I needed my own place to breath. I felt as if I was drowning once again in my emotions. I backed away from their tightly compacted circle. I broke away from the security and ran all the way down the long length of the concession stalls, the merchandise stalls and toilets. I skidded just outside of the door that indicated to the backstage area. I barged past the security guard. My lung were absolutely burning and my legs felt as if they were going to given in at any second. I flew past crew members. Just in the distance I saw Zack Ryder and... oh no. Dolph. It was too late to change my path. I stopped my running and slowed it down to a quick walk. I was wheezing. I haven't run like that in well... ever. Zack caught my eye and he nudged Dolph. He looked over in my direction and his eyes dropped away from me suddenly. Well, there's the start of the list of people who hated me. They both walked past, silent and avoiding me. Don't let it bother you Ashley. Just keep going. I picked up my pace again. I sped around a corner, only to met by The Uso's. They both looked at me and shook their heads, before they carried on walking. Three, now. Ignore it Ashley, ignore it. I carried on walking, I just wanted to reach the damn locker room, grab my damn stuff and go back to my hotel room. I carried on walking, until I saw Triple H, Stephanie and... dad walk into my view. No. This is most definitely not what I needed right now. I was tempted to turn back around and hide somewhere. I clenched my jaw and just proceeded onto walk. Don't talk me, don't talk to me, don't talk to me. I prayed silently.