|31| - Welcome to The Shield.

Heart beating fast. Eyes closed tightly. Stomach full of butterflies. Head feeling hazy. I could feel my whole body screaming at me. This was wrong! But, it felt right. I could feel Dean's hands burning into my hips. Our lips were still pressed together, his mouth moving roughly against mine. I was consumed completely by the taste of him, the feel of him, even the smell of him. I could feel my blood rushing through my veins, I could hear the pounding of my heart in my ears. The thoughts pushed through my clouded mind. I managed to flutter my eyes open and was presented with the view of Dean's forehead resting against mine. Our lips still meshed together, his eyes closed. I managed to bring my limp arms up from my sides and place them on Dean's chest. I pushed against the hardness of his chest, and pushed him lightly away from me. I felt our lips part and Dean's eyes finally opened. I felt the air between us as our bodies separated. His hands left my hips. I could feel my heart still beating wildly in my chest. My back was sticking to the door, my body felt clammy. I let out a breath. Dean was standing there, his eyes not leaving my face. His chest was moving up and down quite fast and he was breathing heavy. The air was thick between us, silence fell over us. I don't know what had come over me. I just couldn't deal with him being that close to me. I just couldn't handle it. I knew exactly what was wrong with me and it irked me. It was wrong for me to feel like this. Hell, a month ago I hated hated his guts. I had despised everything the man had done. I'd hated the way he spoke, he walked. I hated the way he thought. Yet, now here I was in a hotel room with him. I'd kissed Dean. I'd initiated this time. I knew exactly what it was. I... I liked him and it killed me. I'd liked the way he'd shown me how much of a jerk Punk was. I'd liked the fact he'd saved me from that slimy worm at the bar. I liked the way he challenged me. My head was swimming in thoughts, my head was battling emotions. I saw his mouth break into a smirk. 

'Actions speak louder than words, Ash' He breathed out, his voice raspy. 

'I did that to make you leave me alone' My voice was weak, it defeated me. Dean dipped his head and licked his lips. 

'You can't lie to me and you know it' He looked at me from under his eyelashes. I'd never noticed that he had such a beautiful eyes. They were a pale blue, but they were so piercing. I'd only seen his eyes dark. They were so... captivating. Woah, Ashley. Snap out of this. I shook my head and focused on what Dean had just said to me. I cleared my throat and I hoped my voice would be portrayed much stronger. 

'I'm not lying' Was all I managed to blurt out. He knew. The way he was looking at me. He knew. I'd just given it away. It took a step closer to me, but I side stepped him. 

'Don't' I warned him. I had my back to him now. I heard him do a low chuckle.

'You don't trust yourself do you?' He asked me. I closed my eyes. No, the truth was I didn't. Because you had gotten under my skin Dean Ambrose. You and your stupid smugness. I had all the reasons to hate him. Yet, I just I couldn't. Not truly hate him. This was wrong though. Nothing... nothing couldn't happen between me and him. Nothing else. I opened my eyes and turned to face him. 

'You need to go' I told him firmly. He raised his eyebrows, but didn't move. 

'I'll take that as a yes. Don't tell me you're going to deny that you like me. Come on Ash. You've just gone and proved it' Dean remarked, as he ran a hand through his hair. Which was dry for a change. 

'I'm not denying anything Dean' I told him. 

'Really?' He asked, taking a step towards me. 

'Why won't you admit it? Is it because you're scared of how everyone will react? What everyone will think of the pretty, good little Ashley Orton who likes the bad boy Dean Ambrose? Is that what it is Ash? Are you afraid?' Dean's voice was rough and low. I knew exactly what he was trying to do.