|9| - Just my luck.

Phil had dragged me back to the bus and made sure that we didn't watch Daniel's match. His logic was if I didn't watch Daniel get completely destroyed, I wouldn't get angry and wouldn't feel the need to get myself into anymore  trouble. I understand that Phil didn't want me to get into anymore trouble. But, I could handle myself. I'd proved that when I had kicked Summer's ass. Disrespectful tramp, I thought bitterly. I was lying on the sofa, my phone on my stomach as I stared up at the ceiling. 

'Are you giving me the silent treatment?' Phil asked as he sat down on the sofa, moving my legs. I sat up and crossed my legs under me. I shook my head. 

'Look's like it' He sighed. 

'Ash, I just don't want you getting hurt. You've already made yourself a target with The Shield. You're on their list. They are coming after you now whether you like that or not. I'm trying to keep you out as trouble as much as I can' He stated. 

'I get that. But, I can't just stand back and let all that shit happen. You're the one who told me not to stand back. If I think something's wrong, then stop it' I reminded him. 

'I know. But, when you are putting yourself at risk it changes' He shrugged. 

'So'd you change your beliefs just because I could potentially get hurt?' I asked him. 

'Yes' He replied simply. 

'Phil. That's not fair. I couldn't care less if I got hurt, just as long as Daniel-' He cut me off. 

'Daniel is a big boy and he can handle himself, he's proved that. You on the other hand-

'What? I need protecting, because I am girl?' I shot back, a little too harshly. Phil sighed. 

'That's not it at all Ash. You don't understand. Look, the authority already have it out for you. Your match at Night of Champions is no longer just you and AJ. They've purposely added other diva's because it stacks the odds against you winning. That's just the start of it. Hunter has now given The Shield free reign of doing whatever they want to you. You're on a hit list, and I don't want you making things worse for yourself' He scratched his head and looked at me. 

'You don't think I know that? I get that. I get that I'm in trouble. I get that I opened my mouth and put my foot in it. But, I'd rather stand up and get hurt than sit back and do nothing, and be a coward' I retorted. 

'This is useless' Phil groaned, rubbing his hands over his face. 

'Looks like we are at a stale mate' I said, leaning back. Phil didn't speak he just got up and did himself a drink. 

'What was all that about with Summer?' He asked, clearly trying to change the mood. 

'She opened her mouth about my mom' I told him, my anger boiling again. Phil turned around and stared at me. 

'She said she could make my dad feel good, so good, more good that my mom ever made him feel. I snapped and tried to tear the bitch apart until-' I stopped myself. I nearly told him Dean had pulled him away from Summer. 

'- Until a crew member pulled me off her' I lied, composing myself. Phil shook his head. 

'That was low of her Ash. Ignore her, karma will get her. It's a good job that crew member did pull you off her, or else you would have killed her' Phil chuckled. I felt bad lying to him, but if he knew it was Ambrose who had pulled me off her. I cringed at the thought of Phil going after Dean. My phone vibrated and I opened the text.