|49| - New enemies rise.

I couldn't do this. This wasn't right. I was in such a confused place right now but I knew this wasn't the right thing. As much as I wanted everything to go back to how it used to be. As much as I wanted everything to go back to being easy. It couldn't. I needed to accept the fact that I was different person now and that things had changed. I pulled away from Phil and sighed. I ran a hand through my hair, before looking up at him. His eyes were sad but he put on a warm smile. 

'Phil-' I started. My voice was croaky and I felt emotionally drained. He shook his head lightly and took hold of my hands. 

'I love you. I always have done since the moment you stepped foot into this company. You were this bright and sparky girl who didn't take shit from anyone. I fell in love with you instantly. We've had one hell of a ride Ash and I wouldn't change it for the world. Yeah, I love you. I want you to be mine and I want to be yours. But, I know that you love Dean. I know you're in love with him. I know he's in love with you. I would never jeopardize your chance at truly being happy. Because, that's all I've ever wanted' His voice was soft as he confessed this to me. I looked down at our hands intertwined. I had vowed to myself that I was the sort of person who would never fall in love, you know? Never wanted to feel for someone. But, I had. I had feelings for both Phil and Dean. They were different types feelings of course. 

'Thank you for making my time here so perfect. So unpredictable. So incredibly amazing. I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm glad I met you Ashley' Phil squeezed my hands, and I slowly looked at him. 

'You made my career here so much easier. I wouldn't be the wrestler I am today if it wasn't for you' My voice cracked. He gave me a smile. 

'I believe The Shield will teach you a lot more' I didn't have the energy to laugh. 

'I'm going to miss you so much' I breathed out. 

'Hey, just because I'm not going to be working with you doesn't mean I won't come and see you. I'll come to shows, I'll come and meet you. Hell, I'll come to the hotel you're stopping at. Our career saga can end, but our friendship doesn't have to' Phil promised me. 

'You swear?

'Scouts honor' He replied. I let out a small smile at this. 

'There's that smile!' He exclaimed. I smiled more at his comment. 

'You are the strongest woman I know. You will be fine here without me. You are the Women's champion and my god did you deserve it. You will keep it Ash. No matter what obstacles are thrown in your way, without a doubt you will over come them. I know that you will kick ass and you will be just fine' He smiled at me, before holding my hands again. 

'Now, don't you have a Shield to mend and  a best friend to talk to?' He asked me. I sighed. Dean would be pissed, knowing I'd ran out on him, Seth and Erica. I mean The Shield were in the middle of crisis and in the middle of a possible breakdown and I had ran out to check on Phil. Not to mention, me and Erica hadn't exactly been on the greatest terms. 

'I don't think I can  face them' I confessed, pulling a face. 

'You can. Ash, everything might be a mess but right now but they are your family and they will understand, okay?' I searched his face, sighed and nodded. 

'Good. Now go and work things out with them. They need you and you need them' Phil brought my hands up to his lips and kissed them. 

'Promise me you'll stay in touch. When I need you, you come. When you need me, I come' I asked him, He nodded.