Chapter 26: The Deal

Comincia dall'inizio

(M/n) decides to check on the Bickersons and find them sitting on the job. Irk marks throb on his head as he made his way over to them. Just before he could get a word out, a rush of water comes out of nowhere and soaked the pink-haired male and the blue cat, but the ice wizard was completely dry.

And he's... holding a pink lunch box? And that's...?

"Is that your face made of veggies, Gray?" All three of them screeched before curiously looking at the lunchbox again. (M/n) takes a fork and stabs Gray's veggie face then chews it, making the real Gray pale a little.

"Hey, your face doesn't taste half bad. Wanna try?" the lucky wizard takes a fork and lifts it in front of the ice wizard's face. The black-haired male flushes slightly. He shrugs and decides that trying the strange and creepy lunch wouldn't be so bad since his friend thinks it tastes good. And he gets to be fed by the (s/c) man too which was a reward in itself.

But before he could take a bite, they were interrupted by one of their members.

"When I was in town, I found Lucy's gate keys. Could you give 'em back to her?" Loki asks the three wizards.

As everyone conversed with each other, (M/n) watched Loki grow concerningly pale. He offers to accompany the orange-haired male and didn't take no for an answer. They leave everyone else and walk in the godawful silence. The lucky wizard decided enough was enough.

"She still won't leave you alone, huh?"

Loki's breath hitched, "Nothing slips by you, that's for sure."

"Are you sure you're gonna be alright?"

"...No. Not at all."

---

(M/n) comes back to the semi-built guild hall and notices nothing out of the ordinary. He sees the bar and heads over there where his team was being a bunch of doofuses like usual. Sensing something coming his way, he kicks high and hears someone shriek after. He looks at the bar and sees a barrel on top of the dragon slayer and sighed.

"Why don't you tell the others how you feel!?" Everyone looks right at Erza and a familiar face nobody seemed to be fond of.

Laxus Dreyar.

"I have no problem telling them what I think of them. The guild's full of nothing but losers and weaklings," the scarred blond proceeded to hold some of his supposed comrades accountable for the war with Phantom Lord. Then he turns to one more person.

"And you, (M/n). You had a chance to take down Phantom Lord's guild master. But you hesitated, didn't you? You were too afraid to hurt somebody, isn't that right?"

Mira glared, "Would you shut up? The master said no one was to be held accountable for what happened. Not even you, despite the fact I begged you to help and you turned your back on us! And worst of all, you agreed to that deal (M/n) made."

"Deal? What's she talking about?" Gray muttered.

The white-haired woman clenched her fists as that memory resurfaced, tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

-+-

"You are such a pig!" Cana yelled.

"Are you sure you wanna talk that way to a guy you're begging to help ya?"

"(M/N), talk some sense into this guy!"

"(M/N). We need him now more than ever. Please."

"So? What do you say? They're really desperate you know."

The two women watched as anticipation as the man remained silent. The blonde man had a hand under his chin and smirked awaiting an answer.

Finally, (M/n) gives his answer.

"Let's make a deal. If we lose and Phantom Lord has their way, I'll give you whatever you want as long as it's doable." Laxus snickered then crossed his arms, amused by the lucky wizard's desperate effort.

"But if we win and Lucy makes it out unharmed, you're not allowed to lay a finger on my friends and provoke them. And one more thing."

The brown-haired woman clicked her tongue, "What more can you say to make things worse?"

His continued monotonously, "We still benefit if things still don't go our way."

Laxus hummed, "Oh, really? Care to elaborate?"

"I still give you whatever you want, but only on my own terms. You can do whatever you want, but you don't get into any fights. Especially with my friends."

"You have everything planned out, don't you?"

"I don't make deals on the fly. Is it a deal?"

The blond snickered, "It's a deal."

Mira and Cana's eyes went wide as Laxus's grin grew before the man's image had faded into the crystal ball. The white-haired woman then cried as the brown-haired woman comforted her. The man only watched before the ground shook.

-+-

Gray, Natsu, Erza, and everyone else gritted their teeth after Mira finished retelling what happened.

The entire guild watched as their lucky comrade (who isn't so lucky right now) stalk toward the lightning magic user. Hair shadowed over his (e/c) eyes as Laxus sniggered at the sight. He knew exactly what was going to happen and he was ready for it.

The (s/c) man stops right in front of him and stands there, making the audience freeze up. Just as he grabbed the blond's collar, everyone gasped and gagged. There were some who heard glass shatter as they couldn't tear their eyes off.

"Come on, (M/n). You know what I want."

Without another word, (M/n) and Laxus locked lips. The taller mage eagerly pressed his lips, deepening the kiss as the shorter gripped the other's shirt with a tight and shaky fist.

Before it could go any further, (M/n) pulled away and spat on the ground. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand as Laxus grinned arrogantly, pleased that things had gone his way.

"I did my part. Now you do yours and fuck off."

The blond licked his lips and promises to come back before disappearing into thin air.

(M/n) starts walking to the exit without bothering to say a word. Not even a word of apology. All anyone could do was watch until he disappeared completely from their view. But they all swore they heard something before he completely disappeared from view.

"Sorry."