Chapter 23: Fifteen Minutes

All the wizards were back at their guild in their storage area. They complained about their retreat as Team Natsu watched them plan their next plan of attack without their master. The ice wizard turned to the blonde who had a distressed look.

"Don't worry. We'll get 'em back for this," Gray reassured.

"I know. I'm not worried about that. It's just," Lucy paused, "all my fault."

"One of the downsides of being targeted by dangerous people is by being rich. Least you're being protected by a real man like me," Elfman declared.

"Hey would you cut it out already?!"

"I gotta say. I was shocked when I heard the news. Why'd you hide the truth from us, Lucy?" Happy asked.

"It's not that easy. It's not like she could just walk up to us and casually say she was a runaway," (M/N) clicked his tongue and crossed his arms.

"(M/N)'s right. I wasn't trying to hide anything! I've been gone for a year and my father hasn't cared! Now all of a sudden he wants me to come home?"

The (H/C) haired man tensed right after the woman had mentioned her father. He clenched his fists.

Flashback

He crossed his arms while still keeping his guard up, "Who are you? What do you want?"

"Straight to the point, eh? Just like your father," he sighed.

"How do you know him?"

"You've changed a lot during the last couple of years. I barely recognized you. I find it hard to believe you were the same bubbling boy I remember."

"Answer the question dammit! How do you know him?!" he tensed as he demanded an answer from the other man.

"Your father and I were friends. Oh how rude of me. The name's Hiro."

He eyed the older man in suspicion before dropping his guard after deciding that he meant no harm.

"He never mentioned you."

"He was never one to talk about his personal life. Especially to his family."

"He was a real piece of shit."

"I know. He was always awful at expressing how he truly feels. Just like you."

The lucky wizard's hair covered his eyes. He looked up at his acquaintance with emotionless eyes, making the brown haired man flinch.

"I'm nothing like that bastard. Don't you fucking compare me to that thing."

End of flash back

He shook the memory out of his head and saw the white haired man nervously state something about their enemies. He missed a bit but weren't that important luckily.

"Well I'm the one who brought trouble to the guild and it's all because of my selfish choices. I'm so very sorry. I'll just go back home and hopefully get this all over with."

A loud sound had emitted in the air. Team Natsu and Elfman were beyond shocked. The brown eyed girl held her bruised cheek while staring up at the man who had his hand in the air. The dragon slayer was about to step in but decided against it. He reluctantly stood there and watched with everyone else.

"Cut the crap. You really think running away from all of this will solve everyone's problems?"

"Hey! What's your d-" Natsu held the dark blue haired man back with a serious look.