Chapter 20: Natsu, (M/N), and the Dragon Egg

In the East Forest, there are many creatures that lived their happy little lives.

"Oh come on. I have a novel to write, you know? Why'd you have to drag me along to your stupid fishing trip?"

"Ah stop complaining. Besides, you said you had writer's block, didn't you?" Natsu reminded.

"Aye. And nothing can get your creative juices flowing at a change of pace."

"Yeah. But why does it have to be fishing?" Lucy whined.

"Would you rather be wrestling a monster instead?" (M/N) asked.

"Uh, no thank you. But why am I fishing for you favorite food?"

The dragon slayer's pole got a little tug at the end.

"Whoa! I got one! Leave it to me!" he pulled the pole and out of the water came a huge fish. Reedus painted a picture of the moment. Happy sang a song about fish.

"I know you're immature. But this is a new low," the cat and blonde yelled.

"Oh yeah! That looks tasty!" Natsu roasted the fish alive.

"You ruined it! Fish taste better when they're raw!"

"Why would I do that when it only takes a second to grill it up?"

"Cause that's how I wanted to eat it!"

"Well I caught it. So we eat it my way. If you're gonna complain, go catch your own," he takes the fish with him.

"Don't do it!"

"Ewww. He's eating it bones and all."

"He ate an entire buffet and yet he decides to eat an entire fish," (M/N) watches in disgust. Natsu's stomach was large and Happy watched it all with disbelief. He ran away, declaring their friendship was over.

"Wow. You're quite the drama queen, aren't you?"

"Natsu. What do you say when you make someone upset?" (M/N) scolded. The dragon slayer turned away, not saying a word.

"Oh give me a break. Keep up that tough guy act, and you'll never get the girls to like you," she joked.

"Lucy!" (M/N) yelled.

"Huh?"

The pink haired boy stood up, the blonde congratulating him for it. He had a shadow over his face as he told her off. He walked away after.

"What was that all about? Scary," she shivered.

The lucky wizard sighed, "You should be more careful with your words next time."

He walked after his feline friend, leaving the female alone with her spirit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

The celestial wizard walked into the Fairy Tail Archives. Filled with many books. It contained all of the guild's archives. Mira was on a ladder fixing some books.

"Hey Mira! What are you doing up there?!" she yelled.

"Just a bit of reorganizing, that's all."

The blonde raised her hand, "Oh I can help with that!"

"Are you sure you want to?"

"Yeah! I'm good with boring stuff!" she gave a thumbs up.

*Small time skip*

"And then he just stormed off. What a jerk, right? And (M/N) was defending him! He wasn't angry. He even said my name for the first time. But he sounded..." her voice trailed off. The way he looked at her stung her.