Chapter 26: The Deal

(M/n) screws his eyes shut when a bright light comes into contact with them. Once he adjusts, he opens his eyes again to see Team Natsu's smiling faces. He smiled weakly and got ready to stand back up. The ice wizard pulls him up and pats him on the back. The lucky wizard sighs before realizing that one more familiar face was missing.

Hearing relieved and anguished sobs, (M/n) lifts his head and turns to the sound. Before he knew it, his feet move him toward the source of Fairy Tail's victory and family member.

Lucy stops sniffing momentarily and looks up to see unusually vulnerable (e/c) eyes and a soft smile. A hand is held out in front of her and she stares cluelessly. Instead of hearing the usual 'Just take it already' from him, she hears a barely audible chuckle. Finally processing what was in front of her, she hesitantly takes his hand and feels her being pulled into his chest. Her face becomes slightly pink as she presses against him.

(M/n) puts his forehead on hers, "Thank god you're alright, Lucy."

Lucy whimpered, "(M-M/n)?"

The male whispers breathily, "It's okay now. You're here."

The blonde grips his sleeves tightly, tightly shutting her eyes and wishing that whatever he was going to say next, it won't be a dream. That it will be real. Whether it was going to hurt or help her, it will be real. That it is real.

She gets just exactly what she wished for.

"You're our family now. This is where you belong."

Now content with his words, all the remaining weight on her shoulders has been pushed off and the waterworks have begun once again. She trembles and cries into his chest, holding onto him for dear life, afraid that she will be pulled away from him. Pulled away from her reality.

"Thank you!"

---

(M/n) lifts a giant plank and slams it down, hearing loud shouts of pain before handing it to the female redhead. She smiles amusingly and carries it away.

"You can't work without getting your asses kicked, can you?"

"S-Sorry sir..." Gray and Natsu grunted.

The (h/c) haired male hummed, "The places looks a little bit big. Are we doing this right?"

"We figured we might as well expand the place. Look, we've got the plans right here," Mira shows the plans for the new guild hall.

Natsu popped up, "I liked it just how it was."

Gray popped up too, "What's it gonna look like now?"

They furrowed their eyebrows at the ridiculously drawn plans. The dragon slayer questioned which way was up and the ice wizard commented on the awful drawing. To add salt to injury, the lucky wizard called the plans 'bullshit'. Mira smiles sweetly before crying her eyes at the insults.

(M/n) hissed in shame, "Sorry, Mira. Is there any way to make it up to you?"

"You made her cry," the Bickersons chorused.

"Shut up."

"S-SORRY, SIR!"

For the rest of the time, everyone was working on the new guild. The (e/c) eyed wizard conversed with other members and unintentionally made a few women swoon over him. He senses someone spying on everybody, and he shivers greatly. He tried to ignore it, but it was too creepy.