Chapter 12: Moon Drip

"Deliora."

"You sure this is the thing your master sealed away?"

"There's no doubt about it."

"I wonder why this was transported from the northern continent to Galuna Island," Happy stated.

"You don't think this demon has anything to do with the curse on this island, do you?" Lucy pointed out.

"Deliora has nothing to do with this. But the moon drip does. It's the shell covering the entire island. Alright. I got that out of the way. But that still doesn't explain why those people change forms every night."

"You know, brute force isn't the only way to solve this Natsu," the blonde scolded.

"A little fire should do the trick!"

The ice and lucky wizards punched the dragon slayer.

"Gray and (M/N) punched Natsu!"

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time they did that."

"What's the deal?! What'd you hit me for guys?!" Natsu's eyes widened in fear.

(This is the face you make.)

"You are not to lay even a finger on this ice

"You are not to lay even a finger on this ice. You hear me?"

The pink haired boy shivered under the man's gaze, unable to move or speak. Everyone else felt the aura emitting out of him. Once his aura was gone, the celestial wizard took the opportunity to comfort them.

"Hey. Are you guys okay?"

(M/N) crossed his arms and looked away in response.

"I'm the one who got hit for no good reason! Watch your temper man!"

"Please. You're one to talk," Happy said.

"Many years ago, my master Ur cast a spell called 'Iced Shell' on this demon. Enclosing it in a form of ice that can't be melted. It's so powerful that even the most powerful flame spells can't melt it. If they knew that the ice can't be melted, then why did they bring it here?"

"Iced Shell CAN be melted. This 'Cold Emperor' guy and his lackeys are using the moon drip to melt the ice."  

"Well maybe they didn't know. They probably brought it here to try and melt it," Lucy reasoned.

"But why would they do that?!"

"I honestly have no idea," she raised her hands in fear.

"I just don't get it. Who would bring Deliora here and why?"

"We need answers. Let's go find those guys."

"Yeah. Okay."

"No. We're gonna stay here and wait."

"Wait for what?"

"The moon."

"The moon?! But it's the middle of the afternoon! Forget that! If I have to hang out here all day, then I- Ow!"