Fate

All those people. Peacefully living their lives. Bright smiles all over. Unaware of what was behind the scenes.

People are puppets held together with string

He hated it. Those big grins while they were behind them, laughing evilly. Making them do their bidding by just pulling a string.

There's a beautiful sadness that runs through him.

Those god awful things that won't go away. Taunting him with their presence. Because he was the only one who could see them. And that enraged him. But also filled him with hopelessness.

As he asked me to pray to the god he doesn't believe in.

He was desperate. He wanted someone else to see them. He needed someone else to see them. His efforts only ended in vain.

Time and again boys are raised to be men.

Abiding by the rules of society. He didn't have to do that. He could do whatever he pleased. And no one could do anything about it. But he did it anyway. Just to feel he was any good.

Impatient they start, fearful they end.

Oh how desperate those people wanted to fit in. So they wouldn't be known as outcasts. He despised that. Because they didn't know those things were pulling the strings.

But here was a man mourning tomorrow.

He just wanted the cycle of misery to end. He dreaded for another day to come. He wished for it all to come to an end.

He drank but finally drowned in his sorrow.

He drank all the water he could before he felt weak. It was the only way to distract himself from the world around him Of course, he could never put himself out of his misery.

He could not brace up his tension.

He was never prepared for his outbursts. All his anger and despair always caught him off guard. He had his walls up so nobody else could breach his defences. But nothing could protect him from himself.

He looked in the wrong place for redemption.

His attempts of ridding himself of all his sins were for naught. Trying to atone for all he's done but could never do it right. But it was pointless. He would be forever damned.

Don't look at me with those eyes.

Those gazes. He could never forget them. No matter how hard he tried. He could never escape from those resentful stares.

I tried to unheave the ties.

He threw away all bonds he never had. All those ties he never truly received. He knew it from the start but kept them close until he couldn't take it anymore. He severed all bonds just to drown in his own sadness.

Turn back the time that drew him.

He tried once again to atone for all the wrongs he commited. Just one last time before he gave up. Then he would go back to sinking into the dark corners of his mind and what little heart he had left.

But he couldn't be saved.

What was the point? He could never expiate for all the guilt and sin. He won't be able to live like everyone else. Blissfully unaware of 'them'.

A sadness runs through him.

He was never happy. And he never will be. As long as all the misconduct was on his shoulders, he would never know the meaning of gaiety.

"Come on (M/N)! We got a new job! And it pays a lot!" a pink haired boy yelled happily.

The man jumped and looked at his friend. He had a big bright smile that made him forget all his troubles.

There were no strings attached to him. And there was nothing behind him. Those things couldn't control him. 'They' could never tame that free spirit. 'They' could never tie strings on him. He was the only person who made him feel a slight bit of hope. He was the only person who could protect him from himself. He was the only reason he was alive. And he would do anything to protect him from those things. He would make sure they never tied strings to him. He would make sure that boy doesn't become another puppet.

He smiled, "Sure."

The dragon slayer flushed but blinked in confusion. He shrugged it off and grabbed his wrist. He dragged his friend out of the building.

Fate could never control the scarf-wearing moron. And he would make sure of that. He promised.