Chapter 4: Dear Kaby

"YOU?! Fight ME?! Don't make me laugh! And for your information, ugly," Lucy fell at this and (M/N) sweat dropped, "I am an excellent friend of literature! My collection proves it!"

"Oh yeah, your collection of ugly maids just proves that you don't know beauty!"

"How dare you! They are the VERY definition of beauty!"

"Are you really fighting over this?" the man watched with an unimpressed face.

"That's it! Give me that book right now!" the old man launched himself at the two wizards.

(M/N) was about to dodge when Happy kicked him in the face. Then the his wings disappeared and fell into the sewer water.

The blonde pointed one of her golden keys at him, "Looks like the tables have turned! Unless you let me keep the book, I'll think about going easy on you! Although I'm tempted to give you a good smack!"

"Oh, a celestial wizard! But for a reader, you seem to be a bit deficient when it comes to phrase! 'Tables have turned' implies that the weaker party is rallied to claim victory! But there's no way you, that cat, and that man could defeat me with my diver magic!"

He does his cringy laugh before he dived into the ground. The (H/C) haired man's chest feel like it tightened.

"I really don't like that guy," he hissed.

"I didn't know Everlue is a wizard too," the cat said.

"Do you not smell yourself?" Everlue pops out of the ground and almost strikes Lucy if it wasn't for (M/N) sweeping her off her feet and dodging the attacks. He manages to get a kick in and the old man gets knocked under ground. She holds onto the man and the book tightly.

"Look, I know the whole story now! It's a horrible adventure novel about a trashy little character named Duke Everlue!"

"It's the worst thing I've ever read. I almost wish the idiot burned it," he puts the woman down gently.

"You serious?"

"I don't know if I would call the protagonist 'trashy'. But yes," he dives into the ground and digs around, "the story's crap! And it was written by the great Kemu Zaleon! Inexcusable!"

(M/N) pulls Lucy out of the way and kicks Everlue back. He uses his diver magic again and dives back into the ground.

"I can't believe your arrogance! You FORCED him to write it!"

"The word doesn't even begin to apply! I tell my stories in honor! No matter what the circumstances!"

"Then why'd you blackmail him, Everlue?" the man asked.

"Blackmail?!" the cat repeated.

He popped out of the ground behind the wizards and cat, "What's the big deal? He just needed some encouragement to get the job done."

(M/N) punched him once and nearly knocked him out.

"Oh really?"

He shakes his head and starts swimming in the ground, "Any fool would jump at the chance to have me as their muse! But he had the audacity to say no! So I gave him extra motivation! He had to write a novel or his family will be rid of their citizenship!"

"But then they wouldn't be able to join guilds and make a living! Do you really have the power to do that?!" Happy exclaimed.

"I have the power to do ANYTHING!" he popped out of the ground and they all dodged his attack. "I got him to write it, didn't I?! I didn't like his attitude! So I decided that he'd write best in a prison cell! Boyoyoyo! He went on about being a brilliant novelist and never gave into threats! But in the end, I got what I wanted!"