Prologue [REWRITE]

A/N: Hey guys. You're probably wondering why I'm writing this. Well every time I go over my Fairy Tail story, I check if my story is free of errors and all that. I would check all the chapters except for the prologue. I didn't even bother to read it cause it made absolutely no sense to me and it was cringey as fuck. So I decided to rewrite the prologue and make it so that it isn't very confusing especially to me and decent enough to read without cringing at the awful writing. You're probably not going to read this but I'm doing this anyway cause that's how much I hate myself. Don't worry. I'm going to keep the original prologue. Though I don't know why you would want me to keep it. Okay read it already.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

"You worthless piece of shit! I didn't spend eight years of my life just to see whatever the hell that was!" a man with black hair (shut up I like black hair) and a shadow covering half his face kicked a little boy through a mountain. He swiftly got up and walked back to the man. They gave malicious glares to one another before averting their eyes away from each other.

"Tomorrow you're climbing Forever Mountain on your own. No fucking around," the older walked ahead with the boy in pursuit. He swore his father's name under his breath. Either he couldn't be heard or he was being ignored. He didn't give a damn either way.

He didn't care what he was doing or what was happening anymore. The boy just stuck with his bastard of a father and he had no idea why. He despised the older male with a passion. There shouldn't be a reason to stay with him dammit! Despite the treatment he received, he had no reason to run away. What was he going to do after leaving the bastard for good? He was pretty sure no one would want to take in a child raised by a savage.

And even if he did have a plan to escape, he would have absolutely no idea how to deal with the man if he tried to take him back. Many scenarios had gone through his head but he couldn't bear seeing all of them. What they had in common was the boy freezing up and taking the hit head on. He hadn't moved or even through a punch. For some reason, he couldn't handle the sight of his father hurt especially by his own hands. It didn't make any fucking sense! Why the hell should he give a damn about the bastard?! The man treated him like shit!

But he was given food and something to sleep in. But that was about it. He never gave a damn about the boy's well being and only cared that he had to be strong enough to take over for his father. Like hell he would want that! He didn't want to end up like him!

Many thoughts had gone through his head as he clenched his fists in frustration. He could land a hit on him, could he? He was right there. His guard wasn't even up. Well, not around the boy anyway. He never let his guard down when it came to enemies. Why? Was it because he wasn't a threat to him? Was he inferior to him? Was he weak to him?

"Hey you little shit. Watch where you're going," the black haired man grunted. The boy hadn't realized that he was too preoccupied in his thoughts to see where he was walking. He had bumped into the older male.

After a few hours of walking, they had entered a cave once the dark haired man confirmed it was safe. They had made a temporary shelter for the night. They both ate and had gone to their sleeping bags. But the young male couldn't sleep. He stayed up all night looking up at the dark blue sky filled with bright glowing stars. There was even a full moon to accompany them. Though he may have lost faith in everything, there was one thing that he still believed and knew that it was true.