Chapter 17: Burst

The demon roared loudly, causing the entire storage unit to fall apart and huge waves around the island.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Natsu and (M/N) widened at the sight as Zalty cheered at it's revival.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"The heck was that noise?"

The temple stopped shaking as Lucy finished her sentence.

"It sounded like some kind of monster growling."

"It was probably just your stomach, Lucy," Happy teased.

"You know, you're not half as funny you think you are."

"So. Do you think that sound might've been Deliora?" Erza inquired.

"Oh no. You mean..."

"THEY BROUGHT IT BACK TO LIFE?!"

The cat gasped, "See that purple moonlight? That's the moon drip."

The creature roared again, making tremors in the temple.

"Must be," the redhead muttered.

"You need to eat something."

"And you need to shut your trap before I hurt you."

"That may be the demon growling, but someone is still performing the ceremony up there. Which means it hasn't been fully revived yet so we still have a chance to do something. Come on!" the armored female ran.

"Deliora's below us," the blonde pointed down.

"Putting a stop to the ceremony is our only hope! We've gotta hurry!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Zalty chuckled as the dragon slayer groaned.

"We're wasting our time with you. Let's finish this right no-" the lucky wizard pulled his friend out of the way and punched the orb. It repaired itself and flew back to it's owner.

"I knew it," (M/N) muttered.

"Go ahead and do your worst, Salamander and Karma."

The orb flew at them again and was broken by the pink haired boy. It was fixed and nearly struck him in the gut when the lucky wizard kicked it to the ground. It fixed itself back up.

"No way! We broke it! Right?!"

"I have the ability to control an object's time. Meaning I can take the crystal back in time before it was broken."

Natsu landed on a rock, "What kind of magic gives you that power?"

"Arc of Time. It's a lost magic that he practices. It's extremely rare," (M/N) added.

"You're quite knowledgeable for your age, Karma. Would you both like to see what happens when I send this orb into the future?" the orb flew at an incredible speed. The lucky wizard pushed his friend out of the way and dodged every hit. He punched it but repaired itself once again. It went around to hit the pink haired boy's head. The (S/C) man warned him and the orb was broken but put itself back together once more.

"You're fire's not going to help you!" he was about to punch the orb when it stopped moving.

"It stopped in mid air."

"Why yes. I also have the ability to freeze an object in time."

"Nice trick. But I'd be more impressed if it worked on people."