Chapter 14: Titania's Here

"You were able to close the gate. Even though I was in control," the marionette woman spoke.

"Guess that means I'm stronger than you."

"Well I don't know if I'd take it that far. Remember that I can control any celestial spirit you call forth."

Lucy pulled out one of her keys, "Don't be so sure. I've got a few powerful spirits up my sleeve."

"Open! Gate of the Canis Minor: Come Nikora!"

A little snowman spirit appeared. Smiling and barely able to stand on his legs.

"Isn't he the cutest little thing?! Oh I'm in love!"

"Would you quit talking about love already? It's getting pretty old."

"Well someone's bitter."

She raises her hands and two magic circles appear.

"Marionette Attack! Now you're my puppet!"

The spirit was zapped by her magic and his eyes turned into a different color. He turned to his wizard.

"Plue? Oh no! Not you too!"

Plue came at her with arms spinning very fast. He hit her with everything, leaving the blonde unaffected. The other wizard sweat dropped at the display. Lucy smirked.

"You've gotta be kidding me!"

"I knew you'd fall for that!"

She spun and whipped the ground after her opponent jumped out of the way.

"You deliberately summoned a weak spirit!"

"That's right! I knew that if I called forth little Plue here, it would make your spell totally useless!"

She used her whip again and struck the ground after the other dodged. The marionette woman released the spirit in frustration. He bowed in apology and disappeared after he was forgiven.

"Marionette Attack! Get her, rock doll!"

Rocks and boulders levitated and pebbles rained down.

"We're gonna keep getting 'round and 'round, aren't we?! I summon a spirit, you take control of it, and I'll close it- huh?!"

A giant made of rocks and boulders towered over her. She looked up at it with fear.

"It's like we're playing 'Cat and Mouse'! I love that game! Let's see what you can do little mouse! You think you can beat my rock doll?"

Lucy had a drop of sweat on her forehead.

"Oh no! I don't think I have a spirit strong enough to beat that thing!"

The rock giant pounded its fist into the ground, making the celestial wizard fly for a moment. She ran away and barely dodged another attack.

"Don't let her get away, rock doll! Let's teach that foolish little girl a lesson!"

"Who are you calling little girl?! We're just about the same age! And I might be a little older!"

"It's not a good idea to keep babbling like that unless you want us to catch you!" she taunted with an evil smile.

Lucy sorted through her keys in a panic while still running from the rock giant.

"You'd better hurry! If you don't start moving faster, we're gonna catch up with you!"

She dodged an attack from the giant and ran. It raised it's foot and stomped onto the ground, making the blonde land on her bum. The edge of the cliff cracked and broke off with her on it. She screamed as she fell towards the ground before landing.