Chapter 8: Fairy Tail's Strongest Team

The winds blew harshly as the dragon slayer shielded himself, anticipating any assaults from the wind magic user. He watches him with wide eyes and readies himself for any more attacks.

"Natsu!" the blue cat yelled as he struggled to get out of the man's grip.

"Happy. Stay out of this," the man hugged him tighter.

"But (M/N)! You have to do something! Natsu's not doing so well!"

(M/N) watched Natsu with a desperate look in his eyes. Somehow, the teenage boy felt it and turned around and gave him a smile. It was a smile that told him that everything will be alright. The other nodded and smiled back. Good thing there was dust and debris flying everywhere. If the talking mammal had seen him, he wouldn't let him live it down.

"He'll be fine. I'll step in if things get too ugly."

"Now do you understand, little fly?! Your fire can never defeat wind!" Erigore yelled.

"This is intense! It's like standing in a typhoon!" Natsu stated.

"It's time to blow your flame out for good!" the winds got more intense as the wizard was barely able to not get knocked over.

He launched himself into the air using his flames.

"Storm Shred!"

Lightning-shaped winds were launched towards the pink haired male as he dodged and aimed for the man himself.

"I gotta find a way to break through!" he was knocked back into the tracks.

"I can't even get close enough to land a punch on this guy! Now what?!"

"Feeling a little frustrated?! Don't be too hard on yourself! You never had a chance against me! But don't worry! I'm going to put an end to this now! My soaring phoenix magic wipes everything out and tears them to shreds!"

"Emerald Baram!"

"That's a dangerous spell Natsu! Whatever you do, don't let it touch you okay?!" Happy warned him.

There was a glowing purple light before a huge gust of wind spun at him at an incredible speed. Natsu was knocked onto the train tracks.

"Come on Natsu! You have to get up! Hurry!"

Erigore chuckled, "I'm surprised his body's still in one piece! Not too shabby for a wizard so young!"

"Natsu!"

"After I'm done with playing the melody of Lullaby on those old guild masters, they'll be joining you in your eternal slumber!"

A fist connected to the ground.

"All you ever talk about is that stupid flute!" he takes off his vest, "If you wanna kill the guild masters, you're gonna have to get past me!"

"You tell him Natsu!"

"About time you got your act together," (M/N) finally spoke.

"What?! Impossible! How are you even standing?!"

"Enough talking and let's get fighting!" his fists were once again consumed by his flames.

He jumped into the air again while yelling his lungs out.

"I told you! You're wasting your time!"

He was held back as he back flipped onto the tracks, the fire going out.

He grabbed the rails as fire emitted from his body. The grew stronger the more angrier he got.

"What's wrong with me?! I can't even get close to him!"