Chapter 18: The Sky's the Limit

"Natsu. We're going to destroy the moon."

"Whoa! Really?!" Natsu yelled.

The wizards and cat yelled in disbelief at what they were hearing.

"It's the only way to change the villagers back to their human forms."

The entire village cheered.

"We should do it here. The villagers can't reach the temple and they need to witness this."

(M/N) smirked and crossed his arms.

"Aw man! This is so exciting! I can't wait!" the pink haired boy ran amok.

"I don't know what she's thinking. I mean, I know she can do some pretty amazing things but still," Gray said.

"And I can't believe (M/N)'s not saying anything," Lucy spoke.

"This is exciting, huh?"

"More like terrifying."

"This is Giant Armor. It increases my strength and allows me to throw farther. And this..." an enormous staff like weapon appeared in the female's hand.

"This is the weapon of Haja. It repels darkness."

Everyone watches and stares at the weapon in awe.

"Oh! I know! You're gonna use it to knock it out of the sky!"

"Oh save it. It's never going to work," Lucy, Gray, and Happy's eyes were completely black.

"That's right. But I'm afraid I'll need more strength than this armor could give me. Natsu. You will hit the back of the weapon with your flames. Now we'll have to time our attack perfectly. But I think that should be enough power to do the job."

"Sounds like a killer plan to me!"

"Then let's do it."

"You don't really think they can do this, do you?" Gray asked rhetorically.

"Well they've surely gone off the deep end."

*Small time skip*

The armored woman and dragon slayer stood at the tower in the village. She got into position and the fire wizard punched her weapon before it was thrown to the sky.

"She did it!"

"This is bad."

"What are they thinking?!"

"This is gonna be good."

Everyone watched as the staff ascended into the air and struck the moon. The ice and celestial wizards yelled, unable to comprehend what they saw. The moon cracked along with the rest of the sky. There revealed the moon and the sky shattered.

"What the heck is going on?" Natsu asked.

"As a result of the spell, a noxious membrane covered the island."

"What?"

"The moon drip released evil energy in the form of a gas. That gas crystallized and formed an invisible shell in the sky that covered the entire island. That's why the moon looked purple here."

The islanders glowed yellow as Erza assured that everything would be back to the way things were three years ago. Everyone remained the same.

"What's wrong? They're not transforming."

"Oh no."

"That's cause this is what they actually look like," (M/N) answered. Everyone looked at him.