"Your hands are cold"

"Nandini", cabir calls knocking the door as he comes inside.

"Yes bhai.",she said putting up a big smile on her face.

"Can we talk?",he asked her and she nods.

"Yes bhai anything. Tell me.",Nandini said curious.

"What's going on? Is everything fine?",he asks and she frowns for a second before putting up a smile on her face.

"Yes bhai. Why?",she said looking everywhere but at him.

He stares at her for a second before sighing.

"Fine then.",he said with a small smile and moves to leave.

She looks at his face and immediately feels guilty for lying.

"Bhai",she called and he turned to her.

"I am sorry.",she said looking down and he sits beside her and runs his hand over her head.

She leans into his shoulder.

"I know you want to handle it all alone and I understand but if you want to talk you know I am here. You don't have to put this brave upfront infront of me.",he said and she nods.

"So do you want to talk about it or we still gonna play hide and seek.",he asks and she nods in no.

"I hurt him.",she confessed and cabir sighs.

"I know.",he said and she looked at him.

"I am his best friend. I could see it in his face. He was being patient about it, totally out of his character.",he said her.

"You could have talked to me about it. I am stupid, I can't see his face and realise he is hurt like you.",nandini said and cabir sighs.

"It was not my matter to interfere. I wanted you guys to sort it yourself. I was waiting for either of you to approach first.",Cabir said and she nods.

"What should I do?",she asks and he looks at her.

"What do you want to do?",he asks instead and she looks at him.

"I don't know many things. I just want to start with telling him that I am willing to make it up and put more efforts",she said him.

"So go and tell him. What's stopping you?",he asked and she looks at him surprised.

"Just like that?",she asks and he nods.

"Yes just like that. You don't have to do something grand to impress that guy. Just sit by his side and talk about anything and nothing. Have trust on him and understand him and he will be happy.",cabir said and nandini looks at him.

"I do that but I don't think that's enough. He thinks I don't put enough efforts in this relationship. I am trying bhai but I don't know what he wants me to do. I am so confused. I trust him a lot. I understand him not much like he does but I do understand him. We talk over coffee every other night. What else should I do?",she asked him.

"Choti I will ask you something. Will you be honest about it?",he asked and she nods a little nervous.

"You have many guys who are your friends right?",he asked and she nods.

"You trust them and understand them too. You talk with them and sit by there side too. So what's different when it comes to manik?",cabir asked and nandini looks at cabir surprised.

She tried to answer but couldn't.

"Think about it and make him see that its different when its him. That's what he wants. Being with someone as a friend and as a lover are two different things. At first it seems like there is only difference between having a guy best friend and a boyfriend that is physical intimacy but its wrong. Its much more than that.",he said and she nods still thinking about it.