"Why are u avoiding me?"

Nandini woke up in the morning with a smile on her lips but then frowns due to headache. She holds her forehead in her hand.

Her phone rang from beside and she picks it up lazily.

"Nandini ,Are u okay?",Karan asked her on the phone.

"Yes I am.",she said him and looks at the time to see 12:00.

She jumps on the bed and sits straight.

"I was sleeping till this late. Manik will kill me today.",she said to karan and was about to get up from bed.

"But manik said u are taking a leave today.",Karan said her.

"He gave me a day off ?", nandini asked surprised and sits on bed.

"Yes, Is everything fine?, From morning sir seems to be distracted and angry. He literally shouted on every other employee. I just hope u come and join him for the outdoor meeting and calm him down.",Karan asked her.

"Meeting?,I don't know anything about this outdoor meeting.", nandini said surprised again.

"U don't? We have worked for this client before and he liked your work so much that he wanted you to design his office again but as u are not here, soha is going with sir to discuss about the interiors. And trust me when I say this but I have a bad feeling about it.", Karan explained her.

Nandini frowns.

"I will talk to u later. I need to call manik.", nandini said to karan annoyed now and cuts the call.

She dials manik number and waits for him to pick up. At the last ring the phone got answered.

"Manik, what's wrong with you?", nandini asked him immediately.

"Nothing",manik answered and waited for her to say anything else.

"U gave me a leave today for no reason. U could have woke me up early.", nandini asked him irritated.

"U were tired.",manik answered and got busy with his files.

"I will come now.", nandini said him.

"No, u will not.",he said her sternly.

"But?",she was about to say but he cuts her off.

"I have a meeting to attend, will talk to u later.",manik said her hurriedly

"What meet..", nandini didn't get to complete her sentence as manik cuts the call.

Nandini looks at the phone surprised hearing the beep and frowns more.

"Why do I feel like he is avoiding me?", nandini questions herself and looks at the bed.

A faint memory passed in her mind.

She holds her head feeling headache and tries to remember what happened.

She started walking downstairs mummering about the events happened yesterday.

"We went to club and manik sang for me... I had a drink and then... I don't remember anything after that.... Godd why is it so blurry and why can't I remember anything.", nandini said frustrated and stops at the end of the stairs.

"I remember him dropping me home and then carrying me to bed but after that what happened...", nandini started thinking hardly.

Cabir puts a hand on her shoulder and she turns to him surprised.

"Are u fine?",he asks her and she gives a small nod.

"Headache?",he asked her again walking to the kitchen.