'Using my lines at me only'

" U guys can't be serious.", nandini said looking at them.

"We are and we want you to think about it.",naina said her.

"Mom there is nothing to think about, i told u guys before only that i am not ready for it.", nandini said them straight.

"Beta if u have problem with manik than its okay. Tell us if u like someone else?",nyonika said her.

"Aunty, manik is out of the question and i don't have anyone in my life. The question is that i don't want to get married now. I am just 23.", nandini said them.

Sameer looked at her.

"Okay fine 24 but it doesn't mean that i am too old and should get marry. Dad its not even 2 months properly when i started working and u guys want me to get marry.", nandini said them.

"U can work after marriage.", Raj said her.

"Uncle i want to do something before getting married and mom u promised me that u will get me married only when i want to then why suddenly this marriage topic.", nandini asked confused.

Elders share a look with each other.

Nandini takes a breath to calm herself down.

"Okay i understand u guys want to see ur children settle down and all. So okay fine bhai is elder to me, get him married first.", nandini offered them.

Cabir looks at manik worried.

"Bhai why are u quiet?, Tell everyone even u didn't like the idea of me getting married now so early and they need to wait.", nandini said to cabir softly.

Cabir keeps quiet.

"Bhai??", nandini asked surprised.

"I think they are right.",cabir said slowly looking at the elders.

"I can't believe it u are saying this.", nandini said him shocked.

Cabir looked at her and found hurt in her eyes.

"Choti listen to me.", cabir tried to explain.

"U always said that u will support me but today u didn't. Why?", nandini asked him.

"Choti its good for u, he is my best friend and i know him...",cabir tried saying more but nandini cut him off.

"Bhai i am not asking why manik?, I am asking why marriage?, I know manik and i know who he is and what he is, I don't need a description about it. I just want to know why u agreed for my marriage.", nandini questioned getting angry.

Cabir keeps quiet.

Nandini turns to the elders.

"Nandu we want to see u as a married girl.",naina said her.

"I am not saying that I won't get married ever, all i am saying is i don't want to get married now at this stage of my life. I am not ready for the responsibility that comes with marriage. I am not ready for anything. Give me one more year and i will get married anywhere u guys wished to without any questions.", nandini said to them frustrated.

"Cabir talk to her.",sameer said him sternly.

"Choti, mom-dad has asked u something, respect it and atleast think about it.",cabir said her.

"I respect it but i can't understand why u guys are so eager to get me married?, Do u guys want to get rid of me and think me as a burden then tell me or do u guys think that i am a girl and i have to adjust always with the situation and now that u have found a well settled guy for me than i should get married to him and spend his money and have babies and live all my life in regret that i couldn't do something for myself. Why can't u guys understand that i want to be independent before i get dependent on someone after marriage.?", nandini yelled at them getting irritated.