'Is that an engagement ring?'

Nandini changed her dress and went to bed.

She tried sleeping but couldn't, her mind kept shifting from manik's question to navya's question.

She sits straight on the bed leaning on the bed rest and held the pillow tight.

"Bhabi was right, I know nothing about manik. I just know him professionally. We talked every night over the coffee but every time the conversation was either about me or work. I agree we have known each other for only two months and it's difficult but again I know mostly everything about Karan and Arjun. I am around manik most of the time in house, in office and still I don't even know his favourite food. Manik was right, I behave differently when it comes to him. I met dhruv and manik together. I am more close to manik than I am to dhruv but I never hesitate to greet dhruv with a hug. Why everything is so different with manik?",Nandini thought aloud and then threw her pillow in frustration.

She looks at the ring in her hand and trace it with her fingers.

"I know it's my mistake that I never took the effort to know him. I just assumed that he has a perfect life as he shows it, but bhai too said that his life is no where near perfect and it's just the side he shows. I promise from today I will take the effort and try to know him genuinely. I will try to understand his feelings too just like he understands mine.",Nandini said looking at her ringer and remembers the moment where manik helps her and understands her.Nandini pulls the blanket and sleeps with a smile on her face.

Next Morning...

Nandini gets up early in the morning and takes a long shower and then gets ready for office.

She comes down and sees both the family and their friends sitting on the dining table.

"Good morning",she says to all of them and they wished her back.

She saw manik nodding at her and went and sat beside him on the empty chair.

"I said good morning manik.",Nandini says him again.

"I heard you first time .",he says her looking in her direction.

She stares at him and raises her one eyebrow at his response.

"Ohk fine.",he said her with a frown.

"Very good morning Nandini. Is it fine now?",he asks her faking a big smile on his face.

"Yes but could have been better if the smile was little small but never mind u will learn it soon.",Nandini said with a smile and he glared at her.

Cabir chuckles and they both snap out of their conversation and sees everyone glancing at them.

Nandini blushes and focused on her plate eating slowly.

Manik ignores them and continues with his eating.

"Nandini take a day off na. Arya is leaving tomorrow so I was thinking why not me, mukti,Arya and you have some fun before that.",abhi suggested and mukti nodded eagerly.

Nandini glances at manik and then at mukti and abhi.

"Mani...",she was about to complete but he cut him off.

"No",he says firmly.

"But..",she tries again.

"No. U are coming with me to the office.",manik said looking at her and she gives a helpless look to abhi and mukti.

"Manik it's a half day today. There would be no work, let her take a day off.",dhruv said him.

"Yes manik. Please.",Nandini said looking at him.