'The things i do for you'

A strong wind blows making them shiver.

"We should go back.",manik said her in a whisper.

"It feels nice here.", nandini says in return.

"U know, Its time u should confess ur undying love for me.",manik said looking at her.

"Huh?",she said meeting his eyes in confusion.

He smiles at her and nods in no.

"Let's go",he says breaking the hug.

"How did u come here?",manik asked walking slowly with her.

"I walked down the street.", nandini tells him.

"Alone?",he asks her again.

She nods at him.

"U always manage to do things that make me angry. U aren't walking alone down the street at this time again ever.",manik said making a strict face.

"Well now that i have someone to walk with me. I won't.", nandini tells him with a smile.

A smile escapes his lips at the promise she made.

"U can't make it up for me by your sweet talks.",manik tells her smirking in amusement.

She gives him a smile and holds his hand.

He looks at their hands together and then at her in surprise.

"What?, Can't i hold ur hand?, What if i get lost, we can't now take the risk right.", nandini said putting an innocent face.

Manik smiled at her innocent face.

"C'mon let's take u home then.",manik said with a mocking smile holding her hand tightly and giving it a pull.

They were halfway when rain started. By the time they reached home they were completely wet.

"Go and get freshen up, i will make something for us to eat.",manik suggested.

"U will?", nandini asked unsure.

"Yes.",manik said her.

"Lets not take the risk. I am hungry, i will make something for us.",nandini said with a small smirk walking towards the kitchen.

Manik holds her hand.

"Are u trying to say I can't cook. Let me tell u that i cook good and i can make very good pasta. U will be speechless once u eat it.",manik praised himself.

"Okay if u say so than i would love to see it. Let's have pasta for dinner.",she said him and started walking towards the kitchen.

"Why are you going to kitchen?",manik asked following behind.

"To help you. I can make coffee till u make pasta.", nandini said and started taking out things.

He holds her hands and stops her.

"No u are going to ur room and i can help myself.",manik said her pushing her out.

"But...", nandini tried to reason him.

"U are going to ur room and getting changed. I don't want you to have a flowing nose on our engagement. Just think how bad u will look in the photos and i am sure u don't want it. Do u?",manik asked her playfully smirking at her.

She looks at him with her mouth wide open at the question.

"I am going to change. Help yourself.", nandini said him with a glare.

"I will take your answer as a no then.",Manik said with a small laugh.

"Make some food.", nandini said turning back glaring at him before going to her room.