"Does this beat it?"

Nandini gets up late tired from last night.

She quickly gets ready and walks down to see few people in the hall along with their parents. The boys were missing and the girls and Granny were discussing things with the planner.

"Good morning",nandini said announcing her presence smiling widely.

"Its not morning anymore. Its already noon. Today's children don't know that morning is 5 am not 12. But its not their fault too, their mothers should be responsible and should teach them these things.",An older lady said making nandini smile drop along with others.

"Bua, nandini gets up early everyday. She was tired yesterday so she...",Naina justifies the lady but the lady showed her hands to her to keep quiet.

Nandini was annoyed seeing the woman blaming her mother and talking with her in this way.

"Have you taught her some manners or not? To greet her elders and takes blessings.",Bua asked again eyeing nandini.

Naina looked at nandini and she walks near bua and takes her blessings touching her feet.

Bua touches her head and gives her blessings.

Nandini takes the blessings from the other two ladies too. They gave her a smile easing her a bit.

"Mom, I am hungry.",nandini said to naina trying to get away from there .

"I will get something for you.",naina said and was about to go but bua stopped her.

"Naina she is not a kid. She will get food by herself or haven't you taught her how to cook too. She will be doing this after marriage after all, Come here, I want to know how well you are preparing for the rituals.",Bua said and nandini frowns and about to say something but nyonika nods in no holding her hand.

She turns to look at sameer and he gives a helpless look to her making her more annoyed.

Naina looks at her sadly but nandini assured her with a smile and walks to the kitchen.

She roams around in kitchen trying to calm down. She starts making some coffee her mind still back at what happened.

"Nandini, please don't mind her words.", Nyonika said coming inside and seeing nandini annoyed.

"Aunty, why did you stop me? She can't expect me to respect her after how she treated mom and you guys were quiet even dad.Who is she?",nandini asked curious now more than angry.

"Your grandpa cousin. And the other ladies were her daughter-in-laws. Your Grandpa loved her so much that he spoiled her. Sameer respect her so much so he never go against her. She had still not accepted naina and that's the reason why she always keeps on taunting her and pointing out her mistakes. ",nyonika explained her.

"But aunty, this is not fair to mom. First she gets insulted for something she shouldn't then her husband doesn't even support her in the name of respecting elders, what about mom's respect. If mom is wrong then dad is more.",nandini said her frustrated.

"Nandu beta, I know its difficult for you but you need to tolerate it for a while just like we all do. Sameer loves naina very much, he wouldn't just sit there and listen to his relatives insulting and taunting her if it wasn't for naina. Your mom is very stubborn, she wants to win bua heart by her own doing whatever she can.",nyonika briefed nandini explaining his father's situation.

"I get it and I understand but I can't see mom like this.",nandini said looking down.

"It's just a matter of few days. You know when raj family comes, Naina would forget everything. His family adores naina so much. I know you can be calm and tolerate it for a while for your mother.",nyonika said and nandini nods.