Jumble

Trying to focus with too many things on your plate is difficult. We experience this at work and other places throughout our daily lives. But what about with our dreams? What if we are trying so hard to figure them out and find a pattern but we keep getting thrown curve balls by random dreams that make absolutely no sense?

I happen to be royally confused at times because of what I am dreaming about on a nightly basis. Sometimes I wake up and remember nothing, while other times I wake up and immediately jot down what I just experienced while asleep.

When dreams are random and make you feel like you are losing control, all the effort you put in to control them seems wasted. Experiencing lucid dreams is the end goal, but you can feel defeated when things seem all jumbled up.

One night you might be dreaming about a flood and driving your broken down car through it, while the next you are hiding from your ex. Then after a night of staying up too late drinking wine, you have a dream about a guy with glitter on his face at some party. Do these relate at all? Probably not, but they are mighty confusing, that's for sure.

Fast forward to a week later and you are dreaming about people stealing wine in the middle of the night. Did you run out of wine, or are you worried your mom is going to finish off the bottle of Merlot you have been drinking?

Then of course we have the even weirder dreams, like the one where your niece has a shaved head for some reason, or the one where two guys do a belly flop onto the roof of your car. Yeah, and you thought your dreams were weird, didn't you?

How about the dreams that go from one extreme to the other, like a dream referencing a 'dark star' to a dream about people at work looking for the cap to a plastic water bottle instead of going home at 5.

Last but not least, we have the dreams that speak true to our character. I'm talking about the ones where we are helping someone heal from a traumatic experience. These are those feel-good dreams that remind us of what we strive to do every day when we wake up. We all want to make a difference in the world, but when it comes to tracking our dreams and trying to decipher them so we can gain focus in life, we have to accept the fact that sometimes our dreams come out all jumbled and we just have to roll with them.