Dream Of You

I dreamed of you last night, for the first time in quite a while. Many dreams leave me confused, and this most recent one is no exception.

We were in a house together. I'm not sure whose idea it was, but we sneaked away from the group of people we were with, one of them being your father. He clearly had suspicions about what might be going on, and considering you were engaged, I didn't blame him one bit.

Finding ourselves an empty room, we laid down on the bed together. Our legs intertwined, our arms around one another. Even though we were fully dressed, the moment was intimate for the both of us. The feeling of being with you was perfect. I know because I could sense that you felt it too.

Even though we had moved on and you were seemingly happy now with a fiance, there was something between us that couldn't be denied. A connection was still holding for some reason, but I think we both knew it was difficult to address. Your parents, your fiance, his parents even; they would all be confused and upset. He would be hurt the most of course, blindsided by this childhood love that managed to sneak its way back inside our hearts – your heart.

Although our moment of embrace was short-lived, I knew it wouldn't be the end. We looked each other in the eyes and felt deep down that it was just the beginning of a renewed love. How we would go about securing it with you in a commitment already, was unknown to us at the time.

Reluctantly releasing you from my arms, I began to walk away. I had to go, the door beckoned me. The time wasn't quite right for me to return permanently, but I knew that one day you would let me know.