Black Bull Park

Black Bull Park was a great place to go to when I was growing up. There were always people camping and fishing down by the river. The bridge that went over the river was the only way in and out of the park though, which caused a panic when there was a bomb threat. People had to hurry across as soon as they could, but Police remained behind to make sure everyone had cleared out.

It was a strange occurrence though, I must say. I was young, so maybe I'm not remembering all that well now, but for some reason the weather became really cold. I can still remember walking through the park and discovering the frozen bodies of the police officers. One looked as though they were begging for mercy on the stone path for cars, while the other two were hung in a tree together.

A man and woman were both hanging there, suspended as if frozen in time as I looked up at them. I was too young to have a cell phone, but I was scared to run into the person who did that to the officers.

Evil has many faces and to have called in a bomb threat to lure the police officers to the park to kill them was quite horrific and smart, all at the same time. Being only eleven years old when it happened and wearing a winter coat and backpack, I felt defenseless as I peered around the park for a sign of anyone else.

Small snowflakes fell down around me to signal winter was near, but I couldn't understand how the one man had been frozen in a position as if begging for his life. It was as if he was flash-frozen.

Opening my eyes as I hear a gate open, I look up at the ceiling of the cell I'm in. I don't know how I got here since I was just a little boy the other day. Now they say I'm an adult, and also a serial killer.