Forced To Leave

"Dude, we're not going to find your stolen car at a party like this." My buddy was certain thieves weren't that stupid, but I knew there was still a chance at finding it there.

"I need to see for myself, okay?" He nodded back at me. "Now let's hop this fence and do a thorough search of the lot before everyone leaves the party.

We hopped the fence with ease and then began running throughout the parking lot that was lined with chain-link fences. I didn't see my car anywhere, but my gut was telling me it would be there.

Running from lot to lot in the dark looked a bit suspicious, but at that moment I didn't care how it looked. There was a huge party going on in an airplane hangar and the security guard at the gate was probably watching Netflix on his phone.

After a few minutes of turning up nothing, I finally laid eyes on my car. She was parked under a lamppost in all her blue glory. I never intended for her to fall into the wrong hands, but now I was left with the option of taking her back since she was rightfully mine, or waiting for the party-goers to leave and confront the scumbag who stole her from my driveway.

"Dude, looks like the party is over."

I looked toward the hangar and saw that Ryan was probably right. People were flooding out of the open bay door with drinks in their hands.

Before I could make up my mind about what I wanted to do, a crackling speaker sounded from overhead, "Please consume all alcohol before leaving the parking lot. Anyone caught leaving the premises with alcohol in their hands may be subject to jail time. This is your only warning."

"Wow, such a nice guy," Ryan commented sarcastically. "Glad we weren't attending."

"Yeah, well, now we need to decide if we take the car now and run the risk of the thief seeing us, or if we wait for the crowd to clear."

"I say we wait, if possible," he replied. "But if people are drunk, it could get quite messy. Just remember, there's only two of us and we have no idea if this guy has a crew, or if he's packing. We need to be careful."

As a group of girls passed by us with drinks in their hands, the speaker crackled once more. The man in the security booth repeated his message, adding at the end, "The Police have been notified due to your lack of cooperation. They are now on their way."

"Shit," I laughed. "Should have known that was coming."

The girls then chugged their drinks, tossing red solo cups before they tried to climb the fences in their dresses. Many of them threw their heels over the fence and hiked what they were wearing, not caring that they were flashing panties and asses.

Ryan and I followed them, figuring it was safer to vacate with the cops on the way. If the thief was going to drive my car home, the Police would likely pull him over and find out the vehicle was stolen. Things were seemingly working out in my favour, so as we followed the drunk girls, Ryan had the bright idea of getting a number or two.

"C'mon, man, this is a blessing in disguise. You know where the car is and it won't be leaving with the cops on their way. And now we each have several girls to choose from. I know you could use a pick-me-up since Brittney left you. Follow my lead."

I rolled my eyes as I shook my head, accepting that I was now Ryan's wingman as he attempted to cheer me up.