True Desire

You sat across from me on a wooden bench chewing on a carrot. I had no idea what you were doing with it at first, but then you started brushing your teeth with it.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

Taking the carrot out of your mouth you replied, "Brushing my teeth of course. Just chew yours the same way as mine and try it."

I shook my head as I chuckled. You were always so entertaining.

A few bites here and there and my carrot was finally looking like yours. I began to do as you instructed, but it wasn't working like you had demonstrated.

"I think I'm doing it wrong," I confessed.

You laughed at me and threw the carrot away, then walked over to take a seat next to me. Smiling at me, I wondered what was on your mind.

My carrot was then pulled from my hands as you chucked it over the bench onto the grass surrounding us. You then grabbed my hands and started inspecting them as if you were concerned about my poor blood circulation.

"You know, you have really big hands," you commented. "Our kids might have big hands."

"Our kids?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes, our kids," you confirmed, looking me dead in the eye.

"Me?" I pointed my thumb at myself. "You want kids with me?"

You laughed. "Yes, I want kids with you."

I was still stunned by what I was hearing. All the doubts I had were fighting the idea you were proposing to me as truth.

"I'm finding that hard to believe," I divulged.

You squeezed my hands in yours and moved your face closer to mine.

"I do want kids with you. And if you don't believe me, I can pinch you."