Virtual Spill

"Well, how was it?" asked the Japanese man bearing a wide grin.

"That was pretty awesome," I replied, sitting up from the simulator bed. "Although, the way it ended was a little weird. Did something happen?"

"Oh... yeah..." he shied away as I swung my legs over the side of the bed and leaned on my arms. "I spilled my coffee on the controls, so they got changed as I quickly cleaned the unit."

"You spilled your coffee?" I was unimpressed with how unprofessional his reason was for messing up the dream I paid for. "We're in the year 2052 and you're still spilling your coffee? That's something someone from 2017 would say."

"I know, I feel terrible. I'm really sorry."

"It's fine," I assured him. "But you owe me a discount, or something at least. I was having such a good time in that rave club with those girls."

"Oh yeah? You liked them?"

"Hell yeah, they were sexy. And they didn't mind my crazy dancing either."

"Of course they didn't. They were programmed to be attracted to you in the simulation."

"Well, yeah, I know that." I rolled my eyes. This wasn't my first time coming to Yiru for a virtual dream. Ever since I started using the replenish system, I haven't been able to dream, causing my stress levels to rise. Coming here helped me relieve them.

"So what happened at the end?" Yiru asked as he began to check the unit again for coffee he missed.

Sliding off the bed, I walked over to him.

"Well, two guys showed up in the dream at the club. It was this massive dance room with an upper level. I was up top dancing and then around the time you changed the settings I instantly became seated between them and the two girls. They began talking to me about some random shit, which really confused me. Then all of a sudden I was outside on a sidewalk with one of the guys. He was digging up grass as I watched him. There was also another man, an older one, who must have been the homeowner if I had to guess. After a minute of wondering what was going on, the guy who was digging held up a mole. He dug up one more before I came out of the dream."

"Interesting..." Yiru looked at me briefly. He seemed almost as confused as I was during the simulation. "I am surprised that it changed so drastically for you. I am terribly sorry for messing it up."

"Well, you know how to make it up to me."

"Ah yes, I believe I do. Same two girls okay?" he asked with a grin.

"Oh yeah," I replied. "Even add in a third if you can."

"You got it, boss. Next time, you will get a threesome, or foursome, and no disruptions."