Chapter 5 - Concert hangovers

Beginne am Anfang

Blair Everty
Finally got to go to the Hot Chelle Rae concert. Could not have asked for anything better! I love those 4 boys, they make my life worth living! Love youuuu’s <3

Like · · Comment · 3 minutes ago near Lockeland Springs ·

8 people like this.

Layla Parlor: So glad you go to go babe. Everything’s okay at home?
2 minutes ago · Like ·

Blair Everty:   Everythings fine at home, Laura’s coming down tomorrow. See you soon, we have to catch up! X
2 minutes · Like

Laura Everty:  So glad to hear you went! Anything exciting happen? (; I bet I can beat that by a million when I come down tomorrow! Xoxo
About a minute ago · Like

Cass Ownsworth:  OMG IT WAS SO COOL, RYAN TOTALLY LOOKED AT YOU BABE. Hope you had heapz of fun! Xoxoxox
A few seconds ago · Like

I quickly commented back a reply to Lauren and Cass before quickly shutting my computer off and running over to my bed, grabbing my phone and trying to look neutrally bored as mum turned the doorknob and walked in. Her bleach blonde hair glimmered as the sun from my window reflected off of it.
“Ugh,” she looked around, disgusted. “You need to clean this room up. Now.” She walked out with no other words or gestures, and I sat there confused. After a short while I got up and looked around at the floor. There were a few clothes scattered here and there, which didn’t make the room look messy at all. The thing that gave it a horrid messy-look was the spilled eye shadow on the floor, tissues everywhere from my little makeover, not to mention my drawers were all out with clothes hanging off the edges of them. I shook my head and decided to work on the clothes first. Walking over, I made sure not to step on the tissues covered in eye shadow and lip gloss, some were also completely covered in a dark foundation that matched my olive skin tone. I shoved the clothes back into the dresser, not bothering to fold them and slammed the drawers shut. I turned to see the horror of the rest of my floor. As I grabbed the tissues from the floor carefully, I looked around to see where my bin had gotten too. Instead of sitting in its normal spot under my desk, it had moved next to my dresser and was tipped over, papers and candy wrappers spilling out of it. I grumbled a few words and walked over, with what felt like hundreds of tissues in my hands, and flipped it to its right stance with my foot. I dumped the rubbish into the blue bin, and squished it down with my foot, making sure to pull the handles of the plastic, lemon scented garbage bag over the top to avoid my feet getting dirty. I spotted my blue heels at the door of my room, I took them off when I walked in, and placed them neatly at the bottom of my wardrobe -- right next to my red striped Toms. I looked over to the mess on the carpet, right next to the mirror. I wondered how Cass could have possibly spilt that much blue eye shadow, not to mention the purple splurged in it. I jogged out to the kitchen and filled a bowl up with warm water, hoping this was the way I was supposed to do it.
“Hey mum!” I yelled loudly.
“What?” I heard her yell from the study. I didn’t see her coming out from the lounge, so I shrugged and began to yell again.
“How do I get eye shadow out of the floor?”
“Warm water and a towel!” Mum’s response was barely audible, but I understood and grabbed a towel from the drawer next to the sink. It was a plaid light blue, which made me realise I really had to change out of this dress. I hadn’t looked at myself in the mirror yet, thank God, and I didn’t think I wanted to. I ran back into my room as fast as I could without spilling the water in the plastic bowl I was holding. Placing the bowl on the floor, I threw the tea-towel onto my bed and quickly stripped myself from the dress. I laid it carefully on my bed and picked up my clothes that were hanging off my desk chair. I’d presumed they had been washed, seeing as they smelt like napisan, and I pulled my American-print-pocket shorts on with a simple black tank from the floor below. It was still folded and smelt fresh, it must have fallen off the chair. I flicked my hair out from underneath the tank and turned to the bowl awaiting me. Grabbing the towel from my bed, I kneeled down on the floor and crawled to the patch of eye shadow. I wasn’t sure of how to do this, so I nervously dipped the towel into the now-cold water and scrubbed the floor. The eye shadow wiped away cleanly, and I made a noise of triumph. I scrubbed away until the floor was clean again, but then I realised how clean it looked compared to the rest of the room. I made a split decision and started on a new patch of the creamy-coloured carpet. It took me about a minute to do another small patch equal to the size of the first one, and almost a whole hour to do the rest of the floor. I finally ran out of water with only a small bit left, but that was under my bed. I shrugged, thinking it didn’t matter and went to the kitchen to wash out the bowl. After dropping into the bathroom to put the towel in the wash-basket, I walked into my room and felt the plush carpet under my feet. It felt just like newly laid carpet, and I squished my feet into it, taking in the feeling. My hands were resting on my hips and I tapped my feet impatiently, wondering what I should do next. It was 4:00 in the afternoon on a Sunday, and I had absolutely nothing to do. I trudged my feet over to my bed and jumped onto it. I grabbed my phone and flipped the case open, unlocking it with my 4-digit-passcode. I swiped to go to the next page of apps, and finally clicked on one after a hard decision of what would be the most fun. I had clicked on ‘Cut The Buttons,’ an app I got free from another handy app called ‘App Of The Day.’ It was reduced from $1.99 to 99c. I quickly jumped on the offer and played it straight away. As it had loaded, I placed my two fingers on the scissors and cut with them, making sure I had my fingertips in the right place. I snipped the button that said new game, then snipped another labelled arcade mode. The game started and I snipped buttons off, not caring that I snipped the ones with screws -- they reduced my score.
After about 10 minutes of that, I shut off my phone and sat there drumming beats with my fingers. I realised that I hadn’t rubbed my make-up off, and I bolted down into the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror. I had to admit, I didn’t look atrocious at all. My blue make-up was still firmly set on my face, my mascara was smudged a bit and my foundation had rubbed off quite a lot. I grabbed a face wipe from the drawer and quickly ran it over my face. It took me 3 face wipes until I was satisfied that every ounce of make-up was off of my face. I looked closely in the mirror, seeing my features clearly. My brown eyes were quite light; sometimes they were described as hazel. I had a small nose; it upturned at the end and was covered in a few freckles that I must have got recently. My lips were evenly shaped, I quite liked them. In fact, they were the only thing on my face that I actually liked. My face was reasonably small, and my blonde hair tied in with my features nicely, giving me a beachy look.
“Blair! Dinner’s here!” Mum shouted, snapping me out of my thoughts. I walked into the hallway, making sure to close the bathroom door behind me, and smelled Chinese food straight away. I licked my lips and skipped into the kitchen. As I walked in, I saw the table in the middle of the kitchen was set nicely and a plate full of stir-fried hokkien noodles and beef with black bean sauce awaited me. Steam was rising from the plate and I rushed over to sit down and dig in, finally noticing the hunger in my stomach. I heard a chuckle and looked over to mum putting takeout containers into the bin. She noticed that I stopped eating to look at her, and she shooed away my eyes. “Don’t stop, you haven’t eaten anything since 2 today.”
She didn’t need to tell me twice, and mum started conversation as she sat down to eat.
“So, I heard Laura has some news?” She questioned. I nodded and swallowed the food in my mouth.
“Mhm. I can’t wait to see her mum. It’s been too long.” My face saddened at those words. Too long. It really had been hell without Laura, I just hoped she’d stay a little longer than a week this time.