Jolene!

( 1255 words) Thank you to Chill_vibes_lmao for the song selection! 

Your POV 

I was driving over to the Smith's to surprise Rick. He thought I was still out of town. Getting up to the front door after I parked my car into the drive way I used my key to unlock it. Walking inside  I looked around to try and see if  I can find someone inside. No one was around so I figured they were at work or school. 

Hearing noises in the garage I walked over and opened it. "Rick, I'm back ea-" freezing as I saw the image in front of me. Rick was standing at his workbench only instead of a gadget there was another living breathing woman on it. Her legs were wrapped around his waist and her lip stick smeared. He turned to look at me but before he could get over to me I was already down the drive way. Unlocking my car door I watched the garage door swing out as it opened. 

"(y/n), I can explain" 

"I caught you cheating! What's to explain?" 

Getting into the car I sat down and started it. Before I could peel out of the driveway his hand slammed onto my car. 

"She means nothing to me" 

"Then why did you have your goddamn tongue down her throat? If she means nothing to you why the fuck is she even here?" 

Putting my seatbelt on shakily I grabbed the wheel before I put it in reverse. "Let go of my car" 

"No" 

"Then lose a goddamn foot" 

Backing out of the drive way I turned the car and raced down the road. I felt the tears start to fill my eyes as I tried to wipe them away so  I could see. Getting home I didn't even care to put the car in the garage before I got out and locked it and went inside. Going over to my couch I flopped on it before I started to cry into my pillow. 

What did I do wrong? I gave him everything! So why would he do such a thing? Holding onto the pillow as I bawled into it I rolled over and fell onto the floor. Sighing heavily I stared at the ceiling. Getting off the floor I sniffed as I went to go to the kitchen. Grabbing the biggest thing of ice cream I had I grabbed my biggest spoon. 

Going back to the couch I sat down as I put my headphones and cranked them up. Opening the ice cream I sighed heavily as I started to eat it. Drowning my sorrows in music and ice cream. Getting up as I was having enough of the brain freezes I put the ice cream back and walked by a couple pictures of me and Rick. Staring at it I felt my eyes start to fill again before I growled. 

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
Please don't take him just because you can

Your beauty is beyond compare
With flaming locks of auburn hair
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green
Your smile is like a breath of spring
Your voice is soft like summer rain
And I cannot compete with you
Jolene

He talks about you in his sleep
And there's nothing I can do to keep
From crying when he calls your name
Jolene

And I can easily understand
How you could easily take my man
But you don't know what he means to me
Jolene

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
Please don't take him just because you can

You could have your choice of men
But I could never love again
He's the only one for me
Jolene

I had to have this talk with you
My happiness depends on you
And whatever you decide to do
Jolene

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
Please don't take him even though you can
Jolene, Jolene

Getting up I saw a portal form in middle of the room before Rick came through it. He looked at me and stopped when I nearly tackled him. 

"Where is she?" 

"W-what?

"The fucking girl! Where the hell is she?"

He looked at me as he tried to think of what I was doing. Grabbing his lab coat I shook him. "Where the fuck is she?" 

"I sent her home, why?" 

Getting off him I grabbed his portal gun as I went through the recent places he'd gone to. Finding the one I didn't recognize I used it to go to her house. Getting to the front door I rang the bell before the same girl opened the door. I had left Rick in my living room probably really confused. 

The girl looked at me before she started to close the door. Stopping it with my foot I looked up at her. "Don't take him from me!"

"What are you talking about?"

"The guy you were with in the garage! You can't take him from me. I know you can but don't. He's the only thing I have, if I lose him I'll cease to exist." 

She leaned on the door. "Alright, I'll bite. Who do you think I'm taking away from you?"

"That guy in the lab coat, you were with him in his garage when I got there and went to surprise him." 

She smiled as she  bit her lip as she thought about Rick. My Rick. "Why shouldn't I take him? I can offer more than you can." 

"I love him. If I lose him I'll-" 

"You'll what? Kill yourself? I've heard that tale more than you think, you'll have to try harder than that." 

Looking at the girl I stopped as I gulped gently. "I'll admit that you're better than I could ever be, but I-" 

She slammed the door in my face. Turning I saw Rick running down the sidewalk. Grabbing the portal gun I threw it at him. He ignored it as he grabbed my arm and pulled me into him. Wrapping his arms around me I cried into his chest as I held onto his lab coat. 

"D-don't leave me for her! I'll be better, I promise." 

He grabbed my shoulders and looked at me as he stopped the sobs long enough to talk. "It was a mistake. i love you how you are. I don't like seeing you like this, baby. She's nothing compared to you. I love you for your brain, you know that" 

"Then why were you with her? Why did you let her inside?" 

"She had told me she was responding to an ad in the paper. One for a science intern. She had sat on the counter and when I went to take something she had in her hands, she jumped me and then you showed up. As low and shitty as I can be why would I ever cheat? I may be a piece of shit but I have standards" 

I nodded as he wiped the tears away and kissed my forehead. "Let's get you home, right after I find where you threw my portal gun" looking around he found it glowing in the grass. He picked it up and brushed it off and grabbed my hand before he used it. Getting home he picked me up and put me on the couch with him while we watched some movies. 

Do I believe Rick? Maybe. He's lied to me before but about this? I'm not sure. If I see this kind of thing then it's official. He's a liar. Because once is a tragedy, twice is a coincidence and three times is a pattern.